Honored Contributor

There goes that theory about returns.

I often read on the board about how much longer it takes for refunds to be processed when you use the QVC return label as opposed to returning on your own.

I returned a couple of items last weekend.  2 clothing items that I returned in 1 bag using the QVC return label (it was cheaper) and jewerly that I returned paying return shipping on my own because that was cheaper.

Today, I received a notification from QVC that my clothing returns have been processed and refunds issued while the jewelry I returned still doesn't show as returned.  

I never had noticed a difference before in the return time using the return label v returning on my own and now I know for sure that it doesn't take longer using the Q return label.

Honored Contributor

Re: There goes that theory about returns.

@Lipstickdiva  Good Morning, I'm so glad that your return was turned around so quickly.  

I returned a Scott Kay necklace one time using the Q return label.  I handed the return to an employee at the post office and walked out with a receipt.  As I was creeping up on the 30 day window, the tracking showed that the item was still at the post office.

The process may have changed since then...  I was told that the item sits at the post office until the Q makes the rounds to pick them up.  Now I don't know if that was via UPS or what.  I was given a credit that day on the phone since we had a record that I was trying to return the necklace.

On Saturday, I returned a ring that I bought on Gold Rush Day.  I used the Q return label.  Right now it's still sitting in the post officeWoman Happy  I'm not worried because I returned it the day after I received it.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

The only time I’ve ever had problems with a return using the QVC label was when I dropped it off at a pickup location other than my post office.  They didn’t give receipts, and my package ended up lost.

Now I return to the post office only.  I always get a receipt and normally I receive an email either the same day or the following that my return is on its way.  But then it usually takes a couple of weeks before I actually get the credit for the return from QVC. I don’t find that timeline to be much different than other online retailers I deal with.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva that is not my experiece at all. I guess it depends on your post office and where you are returning from and where the return is going. My returns are processed much faster when I return on my own. For one, I live in Philly so any returns going to PA are going to get there faster when I return using first class mail and pay on my own instead of waiting for the package to be picked up by QVC's return agent. When I return a jewelry item it also gets there faster because it goes 1st class.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva Have you tracked your jewelry return to see if it arrived at Q's warehouse? Since they are coming off of Gold Rush day, they may have more jewelry returns to process than usual. If your package has arrived at the warehouse, then it is Q that is slow processing it, not any indication of return label vs retun on your own.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva

Typically, clothing returns go to PA and jewelry may go down to SC....so depending on where you live...it would take longer for the jewelry to travel.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

A third party carrier collects QVC returns with the prepaid label. The PO told me they came by once weekly or sooner if a minimum number were waiting. So my package could sit up to 6 days at the PO before being collected for transfer. That’s why exchanges are so maddening. After all the time it takes to process in the return center, my size and color are usually sold out. Last time I exchanged I called and asked them to send out my exchange right away and they accommodated me.

Honored Contributor

I use their label and stick my return in my mailbox with the flag up if it fits.  If it is too big I leave it a nearby Pony Express where there is just a table for pre-paid returns.  I never get a receipt and have only once had a problem.  After a couple of weeks had passed and no tracking info on package I called QVC and they credited me while I was on the phone.

Honored Contributor

I think another thing that I needed to learn was that there are not as many trackable steps for returns as there are for purchases.  I can follow a package through various states, always landing in Urbancrest OH Woman Wink before hitting Michigan.

With returns it's like it's at the post office forever and a day and then whammo QVC has it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DJs mom wrote:

@Lipstickdiva Have you tracked your jewelry return to see if it arrived at Q's warehouse? Since they are coming off of Gold Rush day, they may have more jewelry returns to process than usual. If your package has arrived at the warehouse, then it is Q that is slow processing it, not any indication of return label vs retun on your own.

@DJs mom, yes.  According to tracking, QVC received the package January 30.   Regardless, it wasn't any slower for my return to get to QVC using the return label as people say.

I have personally never had the issue of my item sitting in the PO for days and days, possibly even a week, before it is picked up.