Honored Contributor

During the holidays, people were complaining about the fact that there were multiple hours shown of miscellaneous items. 

Frankly, seeing a variety of items, of different categories, is when I’m likely to watch, and possibly buy.

Having every hour in a 24-hr period devoted to one theme - clothes, jewelry, flowers, anything - means there are days in a row that I don’t even turn QVC on. While QVC’s bottom line for sure doesn’t depend on me, I can’t be the only person who might not watch for days because they don’t have anything on I’m even remotely interested in seeing presented. People do impulse buy, even me. But if I’m not even looking...

It takes me about 15-20 sec now to look at the day’s schedule and find no reason to watch. Simple and easy for me, but disappointing. The last few days I haven’t even been tempted to click on anything to look further.

I don’t mind hours in a day, or even half the hours in a day for enthusiasts, of a theme. But entire days, day after day, definitely get me out of habitual checking of what’s on.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Have not watched all day...it's only February and lots of snow on the ground.  I have no desire for gardening items....and unless I need/want something really badly I will buy --otherwise I look for it locally...I do not like to pay shipping charges.

Esteemed Contributor

Yep........I can skip a whole day when it is something that I am not interested in....

Honored Contributor

I live in an high rise apt in the middle of Manhattan.    Needless to say, I don't garden.

Respected Contributor

I like theme days because It works both ways. Yes, on a theme day I'm not interested in, I don't watch or record anything. But on a day I am interested in, I check more often or record more shows.

I bought a lot of things during the fashion pre-season weekend but nothing during gardening days. Most days I don't watch at all and it doesn't matter what's happening that day. I use the website like any other online store, so it doesn't matter if it's gardening day, I'm still shopping for things that interest me.

Respected Contributor

Re: Themed Days

[ Edited ]

It's all good Some peope like them, some don't. Like OTK boots, etc.. Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

wrote:

During the holidays, people were complaining about the fact that there were multiple hours shown of miscellaneous items. 

Frankly, seeing a variety of items, of different categories, is when I’m likely to watch, and possibly buy.

Having every hour in a 24-hr period devoted to one theme - clothes, jewelry, flowers, anything - means there are days in a row that I don’t even turn QVC on. While QVC’s bottom line for sure doesn’t depend on me, I can’t be the only person who might not watch for days because they don’t have anything on I’m even remotely interested in seeing presented. People do impulse buy, even me. But if I’m not even looking...

It takes me about 15-20 sec now to look at the day’s schedule and find no reason to watch. Simple and easy for me, but disappointing. The last few days I haven’t even been tempted to click on anything to look further.

I don’t mind hours in a day, or even half the hours in a day for enthusiasts, of a theme. But entire days, day after day, definitely get me out of habitual checking of what’s on.

@Moonchilde  ITA. For me it’s 24 hrs. of food or gardening or sheets/home decorating/wreaths, etc. Why not mix it up so at least some of the people are happy some of the time....The worst was Christmas in July or full weekends and/or  3 days in a row of miscellaneous holiday decor/gifts.

Honored Contributor

I like the all-day cooking programs.  No longer bother with the "Fashion" days as I only buy Linea and that line is seldom (or never) featured.  I don't watch the gardening shows even though I love to garden.  I would rather buy locally.    No need for more jewelry and QVC is no longer a good value. 

Respected Contributor

Well at least it’s easy to decide which days to skip. I have written off weekends for the last 3 years.