Valued Contributor

The word EVERYONE

[ Edited ]

I noticed awhile back while watching Alberti in the Gourmet Food shows, that he would constantly use the word, "everyone."  He was always saying the "everyone" was ordering everything.  Lately, I've noticed even other hosts using that word a lot too.  It simply isn't true.  I really wish they would stop and just be honest and real.  The sales tactics turn me off so much it deters me from buying.  Now that I think about it, that's a good thing; maybe they shouldn't stop, lol.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Esteemed Contributor

They will say anything to make a sale .... I think now more than ever since QVC is letting so many good people go & leaving the “duds” behind .... they are all worried about their jobs 😢

Respected Contributor

I wish "everyone" would be honest and true.  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

I think your watching too much QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

Guess I'm on another planet...........thought this was going to be a complaint about using..........everyone vs everybody.

ZZZZ I'll sleep so much better now................nite everyone and everybody

Honored Contributor

I never know which one to use.  Everyone or Everybody.

So, I just guess.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

@LilMadi  David Venable uses that term as well. I'm so used to hearing it from him, I don't even notice it anymore. I love David (and Alberti), and I totally get why he is using the term. There is a marketing adage, "Nothing succeeds like success." When DH and I were selling antiques at antique shows, we noticed how much interest in our booth created more interest in our booth.

Honored Contributor

Nitpicking.

Esteemed Contributor

@ROMARY LOL   Same here -   I just take a shot - if it's not correct ...........so be it.

Bigger things to worry about.....like happy my furnace passed inspection today.

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler We have a lot of nitpickers!