Respected Contributor

Re: The skinny on wide-leg pants

When I want to "dress up" an outfit, I put on a  palazzo pant. When I want it more casual, I put on leggings, with the same blouse.   Just my take on it. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

I don't agree with you about skinnies and I don't wear them.  Only because I don't have the legs for them.  You really don't have anything to worry about.  Qvc will continue to give us choices in pants and jeans. 

Respected Contributor

What we called bell bottoms back in the day you call wide leg.  The ones i have from JJill feel just like  my original bells did.  Back in the day I also had hip huggers that had wide bottoms.  

Esteemed Contributor

I think designers are trying to bring back the wide-leg pant. Women are used to and like the skinny pant. Designers will continue

p-u-s-h-i-n-g wide-leg, and it will take them a few years before they are popular again. They'll succeed.

The taller women look best in wide-leg pants. They can even get away with a full top and a wide leg. Others look better with a fitted top and a wide leg.

Of course, Bob Mackie has never let them go.

Esteemed Contributor

YOu may feel that wide leg pants present a dressier appearance but that is your opinion and one that is not necessarily shared by all.  YOu could have requested more wide leg pants without making negative comments about others choices as only being,good for walking the dog and hanging out at home.

Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I prefer skinny pants.  Whether straight leg, tapered, or flared, pants look better when they fit the waist, hip and thigh closely.

My issue with q pants is that they are always baggy-a$$ (and leg) on me.

Unfortunately for me its my own a$$ and legs that have become lumpy and "baggy" looking.

But I tell people "Its just these QVC pants that make me look that way."

Contributor

Soupy Sales, lol I am from Detroit and watched him every day. He was so goofy but in a good way. I loved him and then he left Detroit and hit the big time in LA.  NOw you know

that I am "that certain age". Great post. Luv it

Honored Contributor

Down through the years I have worn ski pants, bell bottoms, boot cut, straight leg, wide cut, and you name it.  My theory on this is:

Wear what YOU like.  You're only going around once!!  If you wear it with confidence, not caring what the world thinks, you can pull it off.  For me, I don't wear the tighter pants or panty hose because I feel they don't breath enough and loose is "healthier". 

Respected Contributor

I love, look better in, and wear skinny jeans.....my favorite is J Brand.  I'm 5' 4" and wear a 2/4..........gumbies are not an option for my short legs.

Esteemed Contributor

@From the Terrace

ITA.  Today everyone wearing tights.  Some shouldn't.  Every body is beautiful, but watching some big girls with more showing is not attractive in tights, especially walking awAy.  A nice flowing would look much better.  We use to wear tights to the gym, now it,s the daily dress code.