Respected Contributor

I frequently reply to posts, but when I hit the "reply" button, that post doesn't show up in my response.  It does in other's, but not mine.  What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

You have hit the "Quote" button above this box, then the original text to which you are replying will appear.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

There is no "QUOTE" button above other poster's comments, just above the one I'm writing and I don't want to repsond to myself.  What is the "REPLY" button for?

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

When you are replying, click on "QUOTE" which appears above the box.  Then it will duplicate the post (of the one you are replying to) inside the box.

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic  Ms Di, if you want to reply directly to someone in particular, click on the 'reply' button to their post then hold down your 'shift' key and @ sign.  The poster's name will pop up in a box, click on the name and begin to write your comment.

If you simply want to post a reply, click on any 'reply' button and begin to write.

Hope this helps.  If it sounds confusing, try this with me and see if it works for you.

Respected Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@this is my nic@  Ms Di, if you want to reply directly to someone in particular, click on the 'reply' button to their post then hold down your 'shift' key and @ sign.  The poster's name will pop up in a box, click on the name and begin to write your comment.

If you simply want to post a reply, click on any 'reply' button and begin to write.

Hope this helps.  If it sounds confusing, try this with me and see if it works for you.

Thank you Pink Dogwood!! 

QVC Social Team

Hello @this is my nic - I wanted to see if I could help here. After you click the Reply button, the box you are typing in will have a Quote message above the box on the right. If you click on that, it will automatically populate the poster you want to quote. Diagram below:

QuoteCapture.JPG

I hope this helps!

Respected Contributor

Thanks EVA-QVC, however when I did that it just entered my original post, not the post I wanted to respond to.  I did what Pink Dogwood suggested and that worked!

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic  You are WELCOME!!!!  ANd if you don't wish to re-post what the poster said, just omit clicking on the quote. 

I wondered how to do this too actually (about the quote), never knew how to do this but I don't feel it's necessary at least for me.

Happy posting!!!!