Respected Contributor

The question of too many returns!

I cannot believe what I just read.  I was looking at a ring, and a woman wrote in her review that she ordered FIVE of them to see which one she liked.

Since this ring had a natural stone (larimar), she wanted to see which one she liked the most.

No wonder they have to crack down on some people's returns!!!!!

Hyacinth      Cat Surprised

Honored Contributor

Re: The question of too many returns!

What surprises me is that the purchaser is willing to lose all that money on both the original and return shipping on multiple items, just to take a look at them!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

This happens quite alot if you read the beauty forums- people will buy two colors of, say, foundation, with the full intent of returning one as they just want to see which one matches better. Sooo wasteful and, again, an abuse of the return policy. But yes, also a waste of money, especially now that you don't get reimbursed for initial shipping. A return of a foundation could end up costing you $8 or more ($3 for original shipping and $5 or more for return shipping using their label or returning on your own)! Certainly the savings you may have gotten on the item on QVC is negated by the cost of shipping!

Respected Contributor

I don't believe most of what is written on here.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Trusted Contributor

HEY!:  "Satisfaction guaranteed.  No questions asked."  

Respected Contributor

@Karnerblue wrote:

I don't believe most of what is written on here.

Did you mean my OP, this board, or what the person put in her review?

Hyacinth    Cat Surprised

Respected Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

What surprises me is that the purchaser is willing to lose all that money on both the original and return shipping on multiple items, just to take a look at them!

I think the ring costs $184, so that would be a LOT of money to look at 5 of them!!

Hyacinth    Cat LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

I think the ring costs $184, so that would be a LOT of money to look at 5 of them!!

Hyacinth    Cat LOL

Of course, they would not ship them back individually. They're shipping them all back together and probably not even using the label....

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@hyacinth003 wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

Hyacinth    Cat LOL

Of course, they would not ship them back individually. They're shipping them all back together and probably not even using the label....

I'm thinking that, even packaged together and using her own label, the cost to ship and insure 5 rings-- each worth $184-- would be very expensive! (Although l don't know for sure, b/c l've never done it!)

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Super Contributor

From what I've read on these blogs and forums it seems that often older people who are alone watch the Q and call in just to talk to someone.

During that they tell the host they are ordering "everything." They believe that endears them to the host, who is their family, since they are talking to someone who is sooooo nice to them.

When I used to watch the Q, there were many of these calls. Then there would be posts that when the older family member died, the relatives would find stacks of Q packages not even opened. It's sad that this is the only way some of these elders can socialize.

For those who order multiples to see which one they like, they are just as sad as the elders. If they don't think Q will send one they'll like then they deserve to have to spend the money to return and then get "the letter" for sending back so much stuff. Ordering it all just says "greedy" to me. They need to go somewhere there is a personal shopper to find the perfect item. That's not the Q; the Q is a shot in the dark.

tea