Esteemed Contributor

Re: The gasping is out of hand

The gasping I refer to is the contrived gasping which combines awe, surprise and delight at the product.  Indeed, Mary Beth deserves at least an Emmy for Best Performance in this category. 

Honored Contributor

Watch Sandra Bennett then. I don't think she gasps in fact I'm not sure she even breathes. Although I haven't seen her for awhile so maybe she joined the crowd.

Honored Contributor

Colleen Lopez wins too

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Esteemed Contributor

Yes!  Colleen Lopez definitely! She is shocked and in awe of everything!

Respected Contributor

When a vendor is describing the attributes of a product and during the description the host gasps, it makes it sound like the host is surprised by the product. 

If they know their product they won't be surprised. The gasping is unproffessional and makes the host seem unprepared and is just seeing the product for the first time.

It's one reason I never understood why people love Colleen Lopez. She gasps at everything. You don't gasp about something you already know about.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 ..........I totally agree with you.  I have never noticed gasping either.

----------------

Watch a food show with Rachel and Alberti!!  They can hardly catch their breath when presenting a food product!

And they act so surprised, but then in the next breath they state that they tasted this product when it was sent to them! It would be almost be funny, if it wasn't so fake!!!  

Trusted Contributor

@bigtraps wrote:

Venable does this REALLY bad to the point of it looks like he has a medical issue.  It just kinda sounds gross.

@BalletBabe wrote:

The gasping  by a few hosts is out of hand.  Not sure about everyone else, but I find it overkill with selling.  If they can't get air please put Oxygen on the set.  Jeeze   

@bigtraps     I thought so, too!   Like he is gasping for air.  Does not sound good.

Respected Contributor

@bigtraps wrote:

Venable does this REALLY bad to the point of it looks like he has a medical issue.  It just kinda sounds gross.

LOL, you are SO right!

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

Watch Sandra Bennett then. I don't think she gasps in fact I'm not sure she even breathes. Although I haven't seen her for awhile so maybe she joined the crowd.

Bwah ahahhaahahahahah   Too funny!  

Frequent Contributor

This is so funny because I thought that this was about Kerstin L! When one of them say or do something, pretty soon they are all doing it. When LR was on QVC, everyone used to copy everything she said. "Love, love, love"