Respected Contributor

Re: The gasping is out of hand

Hosts really know how to oversell, don't they? Everything is the best thing ever.  Even a white tshirt.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

If it bothers the OP so much just look at the show product reviews online. Then you won't have to hear the hosts at all.
Esteemed Contributor

@Patriot3 wrote:

@Catch71 wrote:

AP on the Gourmet Food segments comes to mind.  Comes across as very fake to me.

@Catch71   And you can throw RB in there with him.  I can't believe how they act around food!  You are right......sooooooo fake!  I don't watch either one of them.

----------------------

I totally agree!!  AP and RB are superior at the foodie fakeness.  I don't watch the show when they are hosting together.

But I have never bought an item because the host loved it!!  Their 'over the top' reaction to the product has nothing to do with my decision to purchase.

I go by --

*product description 
             *how it looks on set

*read reviews , when available

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

These antics might be part of the latest sales training, but the majority of consumers are smart enough to see through any antics.....  Just genuine presentations can do wonders in getting merchandise sold..... 

I always enjoyed Lisa Mason's presentations, she was honest with consumers, if the product couldnt do something the call in viewer was saying, Lisa would be honest and told them the item wasnt for them and she didnt want them to be disappointed....BRAVO LISA!!!  I always enjoyed her honesty!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

Colleen Lopez comes to mind. I've never seen anyone get so excited over vitamins. Every time she presents a TS with Andrew, she goes overboard. Then I saw her on a jewelry show. She loved every piece she presented. Phony! Won't watch her now.
Super Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

The gasping  by a few hosts is out of hand.  Not sure about everyone else, but I find it overkill with selling.  If they can't get air please put Oxygen on the set.  Jeeze   

LOL!!!!!  I've been saying this for at least a year.  Leah does it so forcefully I don't know how she doesn't make herself choke.  I mean . . . it's a blouse.  It's not that deep people!!

Super Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Plays a huge part when it comes to sales.  Why would you try to sell something and not act excited?  Do you think it would sell if they didn't add their excitement?  Probably not.

Exciting?  Or overly dramatic gasping?  HUGE difference.

Respected Contributor

I remember back when I was watching QVC and sometimes I would turn it to HSN. The hosts there were always gasping as if it was the very first time they'd ever see the product. It was cringy and eyerolling and caused me to change the channel. So unprofessional.

Esteemed Contributor

@ChillyTulip wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

The gasping  by a few hosts is out of hand.  Not sure about everyone else, but I find it overkill with selling.  If they can't get air please put Oxygen on the set.  Jeeze   

LOL!!!!!  I've been saying this for at least a year.  Leah does it so forcefully I don't know how she doesn't make herself choke.  I mean . . . it's a blouse.  It's not that deep people!!

@ChillyTulip   What do you think A tank of oxygen on the set??  Bwah ahahahahahahahah  My comment started after watching JT with Makeup last night.  I was ready to call a Paramedic.

Esteemed Contributor

She was ecstatic over being released from quarantine home confinement.  An over abundance of artificial enthusiasm (in my view.)