Esteemed Contributor

The gasping is out of hand

[ Edited ]

The gasping  by a few hosts is out of hand.  Not sure about everyone else, but I find it overkill with selling.  If they can't get air please put Oxygen on the set.  Jeeze   

Honored Contributor

Re: The gasping is out of hand

Plays a huge part when it comes to sales.  Why would you try to sell something and not act excited?  Do you think it would sell if they didn't add their excitement?  Probably not.

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Plays a huge part when it comes to sales.  Why would you try to sell something and not act excited?  Do you think it would sell if they didn't add their excitement?  Probably not.

Sorry I don't agree.  The fakeness is a turn off to some.  You can act excied also without gasping,  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I doubt it plays any part in closing a sale. Completely over the top and unnecessary, as are many aspects of the entertainment antics and shenanigans.
Honored Contributor

Wow, this certainly is a major earth shattering problem.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Super Contributor

Venable does this REALLY bad to the point of it looks like he has a medical issue.  It just kinda sounds gross.

@BalletBabe wrote:

The gasping  by a few hosts is out of hand.  Not sure about everyone else, but I find it overkill with selling.  If they can't get air please put Oxygen on the set.  Jeeze   

Trusted Contributor

I agree about the gasping, if a salesperson in a store did this I'd probably run the other direction.  Just kinda dumb IMO.

Honored Contributor

Bombast and exaggeration is apparently what sells really well to many people.

I haven’t watched much QVC for months now —-  between the pandemic and my prepping to move, I’m out of the shopping mode, but I see you might consider oversell in lots of shows, in many commercials, on the news, etc.

i tend to turn it off mentally -  just like I couldn’t name one heavy metal song or performer even though I was years younger then.  There it was blaring at me, but I never really heard it!

Respected Contributor

AP on the Gourmet Food segments comes to mind.  Comes across as very fake to me.

Esteemed Contributor

@Catch71 wrote:

AP on the Gourmet Food segments comes to mind.  Comes across as very fake to me.

@Catch71   And you can throw RB in there with him.  I can't believe how they act around food!  You are right......sooooooo fake!  I don't watch either one of them.