Honored Contributor

After the fiasco of shutting down the forums occurred in the last quarter of 2021, I was one that predicted the forums would be gone in the first part of 2022.  Now here we are a year later and no mention of a shutdown.

What are your thoughts on the future of the forums?  I'm thinking the Q decided to keep us going for the long haul.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: The future of the Q Forums?

I don't want to jinx anything, but I'm very appreciative of QVC for keeping the forums.  Kuidos, QVC!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Happy customers are buying customers..................

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

The forums are very important to me! I'm hearing disabled and it lets me talk to friends here and take part in conversations. 
       Thank you QVC for keeping the forums. I always check to see what specials are and shop often. 
         🗣️🦻💻 ♥️

Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

After the fiasco of shutting down the forums occurred in the last quarter of 2021, I was one that predicted the forums would be gone in the first part of 2022.  Now here we are a year later and no mention of a shutdown.

What are your thoughts on the future of the forums?  I'm thinking the Q decided to keep us going for the long haul.  Smiley Happy

@San Antonio Gal   I am not sure what to think.  Looking at QVC's programming, I am not sure QVC will be here.  Hope I am wrong.  I do enjoy the Forums and talking to certain people like you.   I been thinking of you lately.  It has been so cold in Florida this Winter, I have been getting good use out of the GILI Sherpa things we bought last year.  They are great for running the dog outside.   

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the kind words @BalletBabe .  Yes, we do get good use out of our Gili purchases!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm thinking more about their financial situation whether the cost is worth keeping the Forum going.  There are only around 200 members online at any one time during the busiest hours.  1,000 to 1,700 guests at the same time.

200 members is very few.  Are we helping QVC sell much?  It doesn't appear many members are interested in what QVC sells at this time along with  quite a few annoyances. There is a lot of talk about other retailers. 

It's obvious, no one at QVC is interested in what we say, so I'm thinking the Forum staying is very sketchy.  I don't know and can't predict either.  

Honored Contributor

No mention of a shut down, so lets not give them any ideas and not even mention it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

I am also surprised that they are still here. Lot's of complaints, and bickering. I would miss the forums if they were taken away. Primarily because this is the only forum that I am on. I enjoy most of the posters including yourself (smile).

I really like the Book Forum. I get so many ideas of books to read compare notes and speak with other readers. If they shut it down I guess I would return to Proboards.  I should probbaly check to make sure that I have not been deactivated.

Respected Contributor

I hope they keep them. I enjoy looking in every day to see what's happening with you all.