Honored Contributor

Re: The difference between HSN and QVC hosts...

On 4/1/2015 namealreadytaken said:

Colleen gives me the vapors and not in a good way.

I have to tell you that I met Alyce Caron in person once many years ago... I wasn't sure who she was... but I knew that I should know who she was. She was an anchor on a local TV station here.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

On 4/1/2015 BillyBob20 said:
On 3/31/2015 Hoovermom said:
On 3/31/2015 Johnnyeager said:

I don't know what HSN has been thinking with a few of their recent hires. Shannon Fox is gorgeous, but her voice makes Amy Stran sound like a graduate of the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts. And Melinda Lee has absolutely no televison camera presence; she often seems like some sort of zombie. Maybe still nerves and she will improve over time.

I cannot find the pictures of these Hosts on HSN's website. They must be fairly new. Do you know who the young lady was on with Lynne Murphy today? Thanks.

Shannon Fox is younger (think late 20s early 30s), while Melinda Lee is older (50s or 60s). The young lady on with Lynn Murphy was either Amy Bravo or Nicole Williams two of the newest HSN hosts in Training.

Thank you so much!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I don't care that much for Callie or Shannon, I like Adam and Alyce. The others I will watch if they're presenting something I want to see. But I'd rather watch Bill Green than anyone else on HSN! Smile

Esteemed Contributor

I'd rather watch QVC
Esteemed Contributor

On 4/1/2015 fthunt said:

QVC has more class

Ah, yes, that Poo-Pourri really classes up the joint.

Regular Contributor

Hahaha. I'm not stuffy, but those presentations make even me a little uncomfortable...

Respected Contributor

I don't watch much of either channel, but when I do, it's usually clothing. When I watch a clothing show, I want to see all of the color choices, front and back, I want to know the material/fabric and care (machine wash?), and I want sizing information. I don't care how much the host LOOOOOOOOOVES this particular item or where they think I should wear it or what they think my friends will say. Just the facts, ma'am! That being said, I think that, with some exceptions, QVC does a better job.

There are lots of lines that I like at HSN and my purchases tend to be pretty equal between the two channels. However, irritating VENDORS at HSN are a pet peeve of mine. I know they can't help it (much), but they just really seem to be concentrated at HSN, like Tony Little, Joy Mangano, Diane Gilman, the Slinky lady, Joan Boyce, even Jennifer Flavin-Stallone (bless her heart, I think she's great but she) makes me hyperventilate to listen to her.

Esteemed Contributor

Home Shopping Math: Joy Mangano + Diane Gilman = Susan Graver - Lori Greiner

Esteemed Contributor

The difference I notice between the hosts at HSN & the Q are their presentations. HSN talks almost exclusively about the product, while the Q hosts seem to talk less about the product and more in pleasingly entertaining us. I'm one who sees both as a shopping channel....

Regular Contributor

Shannon Fox & Melinda Lee now have profiles up on HSN.com. I would say they are staying around for a long while.

http://www.hsn.com/cnt/hsn_today/hosts/default.aspx?shannon-fox&id=83

http://www.hsn.com/cnt/hsn_today/hosts/default.aspx?melinda-lee&id=84