Honored Contributor

Re: The difference between HSN and QVC hosts...

I use to enjoy Q, I use to watch it most of the time. The hosts were all different and had there own styles. Now it seems they are all taking some type of make over class. Not as much fun to watch. I use to really enjoy Shawn, she was very casual and funny. I watch sometimes but I have not purchased anything from them in months. I enjoy HSN's hosts and I find that the prices are more reasonable and more of a variety. I do think Colleen comes across as a diva but when she is presenting jewelry she makes it very interesting. Some of the Vendors on HSN are really interesting to watch. Antthony is a kick, Joy's shows are a lot of fun and Wendy had a live audience that was fun to watch. The only time I had to return something to HSN was when I ordered doubles on two different items. Customer service was very nice and was a great help. At this time I will have to say that I think HSN is more interesting to watch.

Honored Contributor

I rarely watch Hsn but I think Colleen is the best in the business by far. No one comes close to her. All the shopping channeks have some good hosts, some average and some bad ones. I'm really only interested in what they sell, I watch for the merchandise.
Honored Contributor

I think it's personal opinion. There's not a single HSN host I enjoy watching and I assume that's one of the reasons I've spent under $25 there in the last 15 years. I don't like most of their products and I just can't relate to their hosts. They seem more like cardboard cutouts than real people.

But, I repeat - it's personal opinion. Just as in real life, we all like different people. It's not strictly factual.

Trusted Contributor

Personally I think QVC has better hosts. They are more professional and polished.

HSN - not so much except for Colleen Lopez.

Esteemed Contributor

I watch mostly QVC because I rarely buy anything from HSN; they are cheaper, have easy pay, easy returns but the quality is not there. I have returned mostly everything I have purchased. I did go through a phase of DG jeans and Jay King but the jeans discolored my legs, sizing off and every piece of Jay King I have purchased are missing stones and the settings cheap. So I have little interest in their hosts. No interest in Evine; tried a blouse, cheap...tried shoes, fit poorly. I really don't care about the host; I am interested in quality...and price is a factor but I don't mind paying more if the quality is there.
Regular Contributor

Personal information is interesting and entertaining but at times many complain that some of the product information never gets presented! When this happens more people order products that disappoint them when they arrive. A specific example of this is the all the channels do a lousy job when discussing the face makeup colors. Really, most use medium???? Not hardly. Simply not that simple. All the stations spend most of the time talking about the color choices in items...duh...you can see the colors in terms of household items. But they skimp on details. There must be research that says that is what motivates people to buy without thinking it through. After all, so much of the orders are on impulse. Rarely have I ever been looking for a specific item that I order. All that being said, Colleen has long been my favorite. She has such a unique command of the English language finding works to describe things that others have not used and she comes across with such class. But they are sales people and even Colleen has claimed that every brand of jeans that she presents is her favorite...although she is very careful in her wording with Diane Gilman.

Respected Contributor

I find that the HSN hosts seem to be less about the hard sell, with maybe BRC being an exception or at least a faster talker than the rest. I saw her with Iman the other day and it was like watching one of the faster talking QVC hosts.

I actually prefer the hosts on Evine. I think they come across as the most professional, personable and laid back. They seem to have hit the balance for me.

Honored Contributor

I have actually some clothing from HSN recently the Iman TS and Twiggy cardigan.

What I prefer there is much less reliance on the social media during the show and personal stuff during the show.

Q's set and production values are better vis a vis the ad breaks but that might because I get Q in Hidef and HSN in standard.

but I think HSN has it all over Q as far as fashion, much wider variety and they don't have such long shows, they will do 30 mins on a product then move to the next which I like.

And they have Bill Green

Honored Contributor

On 3/30/2015 cosmic1 said:

I find that the HSN hosts seem to be less about the hard sell, with maybe BRC being an exception or at least a faster talker than the rest. I saw her with Iman the other day and it was like watching one of the faster talking QVC hosts.

I actually prefer the hosts on Evine. I think they come across as the most professional, personable and laid back. They seem to have hit the balance for me.

My sentiments exactly.
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

I don't watch a whole lot of HSN (though I'm beginning to watch more and more). My favorites (in no particular order) are Shivan, Colleen, Callie and Bill Green. Just like QVC, I like some of the HSN hosts more than others. And there are some on QVC that I just don't care to watch.