Regular Contributor

The bloom is off the QVC rose for me!

[ Edited ]

I’ve had it with clothes that don’t fit, even though I bought them per your measurements!!  Makeup that looks terrible!!!!  Food that was horrible!!!  Or items I could have bought at Home Goods!!!  An outdoor chair that was reviewed that they were rusting, after mine were delivered, and the boxes were gone!!!!   I’m getting ready to return an iT Cosmetics kit, that was terrible.  The makeup made my skin look like leather!!  So, I’m pretty sure, after 20 years, I need to say goodbye, and to HSN too!!  Ciao!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The bloom is off the QVC rose for me!

I understand and agree.

Trusted Contributor

Totally agree. I had already given up on shoes---$5 to get my size which I have had for years, but don't fit. $7 to send them back. That is $12 for nothing--the privilege to try them on. They should fit. My feet haven't grown.

Then I tried IM pants which I couldn't pull up---my usual size of course. Also had to send SG pants back. And since all their pricees have gone up considerably, that means I will no longer be ordering clothes anymore either.  

I have been a QVC customer since the 80's and used to have it on in the background all the time. But now, the TSV is on every hour, sometimes for the whole hour, so I don't watch anymore. Any talk about all the loud yelling and talking over the hosts (SG) and it is not a good value for me anymore.

Respected Contributor

OP, I really like your title!  The QVC rose for me is also looking sparse.

I posted about this recently but the value seems to be gone at QVC. They are raising prices almost every couple of weeks even on waitlist and clearance items. I'm astounded when I go back into my order history and see how much items have gone up.

I don't know how retired folks are supposed to afford this or anyone for that matter. A pair of sandals I just bought (Earth TSV) went up in price twice in less than a month.

~Live with Intention~
Trusted Contributor

@Flady1 wrote:

I’ve had it with clothes that don’t fit, even though I bought them per your measurements!!  Makeup that looks terrible!!!!  Food that was horrible!!!  Or items I could have bought at Home Goods!!!  And, outdoor chair that were reviewed that they were rusting after mine were delivered, and the boxes were gone!!!!   I’m getting ready to return an iT Cosmetics kit, that was terrible.  The makeup made my skin look like leather!!  So, I’m pretty sure, after 20 years, I need to say goodbye, and to HSN too!!  Ciao!!

I have to agree with you when talking about IT cosmetics.  The stuff even makes wrinkles look larger on their models.  It's just too heavy, and it's almost impossible to spread it out.  You can find those zero gravity lawn chairs all over for half the price, or less.  There is no value left in shopping with QVC.  About all I order now are a handful of Philosophy products.

Super Contributor

OP ... I am done too.  Something went terribly wrong at QVC.  If the hosts' voice would be as if they were "greeting a 90-year-old lady", I could watch again, but I have viewed with the Closed Caption on, but I shouldn't have to.

Honored Contributor

I couldn't agree more.  The prices keep going up when things should be on sale now.   I'm very disappointed in the direction QVC is going.

Honored Contributor

I only buy clothes at QVC.   Not interested in their cosmetics or skin care.  I would NEVER buy food online.   The rest of the stuff they sell is of no interest to me.  

Re clothes ... I never have a fit problem.  I know my body measurements and the ease I prefer, and can check the garment measurements.  Their stuff fits me.  I bought some D&C pants yesterday, and an SG top today.

Valued Contributor

i havent bought anything from the q in years cant understand why people buy food  where do they live in a cave lol  the prices are off the wall

Esteemed Contributor

I was looking at my wish list today and they raised the prices on everything $1 to $3, what a cheesy thing to do considering some items were clearance or as is priced already! What the hay?? Talk about nickel & diming the customers.