Honored Contributor

Re: The bloom is off the QVC rose for me!

As long as they sell so much expensive food, I buy very little from QVC. My reasoning is that people buy expensive things (let's just say $100 turkey dinner with sides). They eat the food (which wasn't worth the price), then call CS to complain and get a refund.  QVC has to make up for that lost revenue somehow, and I (a good customer who rarely returns anything), pay more for my purchases. Now that may sound like some wacko theory, but I really believe their food products drive up their other costs.

Respected Contributor

I still purchase a fair amount from QVC and order online.

I simply can't watch it anymore. I try from time to time....but there is just too much chatter and personal talk for me. I want the conversation to be about the product....I am simply not interested in  their personal lives or viewpoints. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are only a few vendors that Im still interested in at QVC.....

I've given up on buying clothes at QVC--I got tired of returning clothes and paying the "try me fee" 

-I  even tried watching the TV presentations and seeing how the clothing looks on the models, and then checking the CLICK here measurements...But the problem is the measurements aren't always accurate---For example a top was supposed to be a 29 in length...When it arrived the top looked really short, and I measured it and it was actually 26 in length. On another item I even called CS and questioned the sizing, on the TV screen the size medium was larger than the blouse in a large size...that didnt even make sense....and the CS Rep said well thats what they say.....Needless to say I didnt make a purchase......And some items dont even have CLICK MEASUREMENTS and there general measurements are way off!!!

Q's clothing prices are outrageous I can do better at Dillards, Macy's or JCP.....same quality, same fabrication etc.......

Another NO for IT Cosmetics ---the mascara made my eyes burn, Philosophy is watered down since Coty bought it....I tried Lipsticks but they didnt wear well ...Overall disappointed with foundations various brands and found even drug store foundations were better!!!  ........ 

Q's product lineup of other categories is a rotation of the SAME limited products....because of the repetition I dont watch much nor buy much these days......I may flip channels and take a peek or check my Program Guide but its seldom something Im interested in.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

If I order it is few and far between if that...the shipping takes to long, and the products are just not to my liking anymore.

Respected Contributor

For me the "V" - Value is gone.  "C" convience - not when you have to return and spend so much to do so.  "Q" - quality - sometimes its great, sometimes its good, sometimes it is just awful.  They need to lower their prices somehow to get me back and stop charging so much for returns.  There are times I am ready to order something but when I add in the $5.50 or $7.50 shipping I see the total and cancel.  I am able to get out and drive to many stores in my area so I do not buy for convenience.  I find it very inconvenient to be returning and waiting for a refund.  They are quick to charge, but slow to refund.

Honored Contributor

@Regal Bee wrote:

I still purchase a fair amount from QVC and order online.

I simply can't watch it anymore. I try from time to time....but there is just too much chatter and personal talk for me. I want the conversation to be about the product....I am simply not interested in  their personal lives or viewpoints. 

I make a good amount of purchases at QVC.com.   I love their Wen offers.  I don't watch QVC on TV because I don't enjoy all the chit-chat. 

Trusted Contributor

I wanted to add, another thing that sends me away from QVC are the voices of some of the hosts, and one vendor.  A couple have pathological speech problems which make them difficult to understand.  Some yell, who wants to be yelled at in their own home.  Turning down the volume doesn't work, then you can't hear anything else.  We are in our home, not a carnival midway, yelling is nothing but flat out rude!  Some hosts refuse to describe the items.  For a couple of them, I think it's due to lack of preparation, and the fact they have no real clue on how clothes are made.  Their lack of knowledge makes it impossible to properly describe the clothing item.  Hence, they resort to making up words, and styling the item.  Hosts are not trained to be a stylist.  You can tell by some of the crazy get ups they wear on air.   Why would I take advice from someone who needs to alter their clothes, or a person that often is this side of dressing like a clown?  One host on the weekend tries to push just how much skin she will be allowed to show on air,  all the while watching herself in the monitor.   While some of the hosts still do a good job, the others have driven me away.  It's as if there is no supervision, or constructive criticism offered to them so they can improve.  I'm sure QVC won't miss me, no biggie.  However, there are many others who have left for the exact same reasons.

Frequent Contributor

I agree that the prices have gone up quite a bit the past couple of years, especially on the clothing.  I feel like I send more back now than ever before.  Rather than use their return lable and pay the outrageious return postage I send it all back in one box and pay the return shipping.  It costs far less, although, I have read that one needs to check the returns carefully to be sure that you are still not charged return shipping.  I am going to start carefully considering all purchases going froward based upon value and consider what it will cost to return the item.  I am finding myself going to retail more for things that I need and feel I am doing just as well cost wise.  

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

As long as they sell so much expensive food, I buy very little from QVC. My reasoning is that people buy expensive things (let's just say $100 turkey dinner with sides). They eat the food (which wasn't worth the price), then call CS to complain and get a refund.  QVC has to make up for that lost revenue somehow, and I (a good customer who rarely returns anything), pay more for my purchases. Now that may sound like some wacko theory, but I really believe their food products drive up their other costs.

I have a feeling the vendor eats the cost of that not the Q.

Trusted Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

I agree with

@blackhole99 wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

I have to agree with @blackhole99.  The Q isn't know for being overly fair to anyone, customer, or vendor.