Contributor

I watched QVC regularly in the 1980s and early 1990s and started watching again about a year ago.  When did it become de rigueur for the hosts to refer to the various aspects of a product as a "story"?  (The value story...the flavor story...the color story...the size story...the scent story...)

Is it something one of the hosts started that caught on with the others?  Is it official QVC policy?

I step away for 30 years, and look what happens...Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@ClaudeNorth     I just look at the pictures......the "chatter" drives me nutz.   Welcome to the boards!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Re: The Story with "Story"

[ Edited ]

@ClaudeNorth 

I think it's part of the retail/business "jargon".  Much like the use of "she" when describing the customer.  Or the dreaded "fabrication".

Honored Contributor

Things change in that amount of time.  Did you expect time stood still for QVC?

Esteemed Contributor

I think this whole "story" thing started with Valerie Parr Hill.  I no longer watch any of Valerie's presentations because her calling everything a "story" drove me bonkers.  I know that's silly.... 

So many things about QVC presentations make me bonkers anymore.   Maybe it's just me, but I just can't watch much anymore.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@ClaudeNorth 

I think it's part of the retail/business "jargon".  Much like the use of "she" when describing the customer.  Or the dreaded "fabrication".

And "she" also being used when referring to a handbag, each of which has its own name.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~