Contributor

The SAME Program-all night and in prime time??

I cannot understand why this all-night repeat shows go on until a supposed 7 am. To boot, the PM Style with Courtney K. was running all night, then AGAIN at the 9 am. time this morning. Mind you, it was showing the Blowout Clearane merchandise, which barely had only sizes in XXS and S when it BEGAN, let alone into the wee hours of the morning! WHY waste air time on 12 pieces of an item at $6.99 ? Needless to say, the 9 am. show has NO inventory left by this time! QVC must have nothing else to use their airtime on.

it's really pathetic. What is their purpose showing merchandise that has no inventory, a decent size range offering, as the host claims, and only to find out there never was any sizes?

Honored Contributor

Re: The SAME Program-all night and in prime time??

@Picky Lady wrote:

I cannot understand why this all-night repeat shows go on until a supposed 7 am. To boot, the PM Style with Courtney K. was running all night, then AGAIN at the 9 am. time this morning. Mind you, it was showing the Blowout Clearane merchandise, which barely had only sizes in XXS and S when it BEGAN, let alone into the wee hours of the morning! WHY waste air time on 12 pieces of an item at $6.99 ? Needless to say, the 9 am. show has NO inventory left by this time! QVC must have nothing else to use their airtime on.

it's really pathetic. What is their purpose showing merchandise that has no inventory, a decent size range offering, as the host claims, and only to find out there never was any sizes?

@Picky Lady   HSN seems to be running the same one show for 5-6 hrs. during the night, as well. Maybe they're assuming no one's awake to watch, so why pay the hosts.

Esteemed Contributor

I am pretty confident that the hosts at both places are salaried and don't get paid by the hour.  So not having a live host isn't saving any money in that area.

Respected Contributor

@Picky Lady   If you're looking for fashions during those late/early hours, you are probably out of luck because QVC, HSN, and ShopHQ are all showing repeats during those times.  I like jewelry, and I get up at 4:45am for work, so I turn on either ShopLC (24 hour live programming), or the early morning news.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I am pretty confident that the hosts at both places are salaried and don't get paid by the hour.  So not having a live host isn't saving any money in that area.

@Johnnyeager  I certainly agree with this. Contracts and all.

Honored Contributor

I agree @Johnnyeager .  The saving money on hosts salaries is most likely a mute point for the very reason that hosts likely are indeed salaried -- not paid by commission or by the hour.

They are still paying all those hosts that do not appear at all during this experiment, or appear for one hour per week. 

I saw Julia Cleary, who has not been on at all in about three weeks.  She popped in & out during a gourmet show with Mary Beth and Alberti this week.  All dressed up and her total air time was probably 5 minutes all together. 

Honored Contributor

I have been watching a lot less QVC and I rarely ever watched HSN but QVC was always LIVE except Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Was there an announcement that this had changed? 

I know QVC2 has repeat programming but now QVC Main has it every day too.

I guess the sales in the middle of the night are not worth a LIVE presentation.

Contributor

Why not run the Yule log and music or something?  Or how about sign off the air?  There is a thought.  Whoever is running the place now is destroying it.  I find that I am turning it on much less.  It used to be my background noise and I would catch stuff I would not know about otherwise.  Now I have the Weather Chanel on instead.  I am already sick of Christmas - been having it shoved down my throat since JULY!  Also tired of some of the hosts that go on and on about how healthy they are while all you people should do something to be healthy.  I dont care what they eat or how much they exercise - or that they are a size zero and it is roomy.  Most of us cant relate.  But they say it over and over and over.  Please you are selling me stuff.  Stop putting me down please