Valued Contributor

Crime wave???

Esteemed Contributor

Crime wave.

True crime wave.

We're having a crime wave..  a really bad crime wave....

Honored Contributor

Doesn't anything satisfy you people?  You have the Happy Dance!  Woman Embarassed

Honored Contributor

Born in NYC and spent my early years through grade school there.  My parents would take us to see the Rockettes at Radio City.  I can remember them taking us to see a movie (Doris Day & Rock Hudson or Fred MacMurray) along with a show of the Rockettes dancing.

I also took my kids when they were in grade school to see the Christmas Spectacular ...such fun times!

Today I really have no desire to go into NYC.  Maybe when things are better.  Yes there is more crime there today than before the pandemic but probably not as much as there was in the 1970s.

Honored Contributor

And who do you think would pay for a thing such as a Rockettes show on Qvc's stage??  Any guesses?

Valued Contributor

I grew up on Long Island and went to see the Rockettes , Rockefeller Center, the huge Christmas tree and all the decorated store windows. They are all wonderful memories for me and my siblings! Definitely worth visiting as there is so much excitement  in the air! 

Esteemed Contributor

The Rockettes are going to be on the QVC set?

When is that scheduled?

Respected Contributor

BusinessWire: QVC is the New Presenting Partner of the Christmas Spectacular Starring the Radio City Rockettes

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20221013005296/en/QVC-is-the-New-Presenting-Partner-of-the-Ch...

As the presenting partner of the Christmas Spectacular, QVC will feature a curated collection of products hand-selected by the Rockettes including beauty, jewelry, apparel, accessories and more, which will be available through the holiday season on QVC.com. 

In addition, the Rockettes will perform one of their iconic numbers and appear live from Radio City during QVC’s annual live shopping “Nonstop Holiday Party” weekend on November 5-6.

Frequent Contributor

The closest I've come to seeing the Rockettes in person was the traveling troupe version at Vegas during the Holidays. I think I expected more from the experience. I was bored. You see one high kick and the choreography, you've seen it all. 

Of course the actual New York shows must be way better but from the Vegas show experience, once was enough. 

Honored Contributor

Come to Chicago.  It's a very large, clean city and we decorate to no end.  Lights (white) go on for over a mile on No. Michigan Ave.plus decorations and beautiful window displays at the mother ship store on State St.  The windows are decorated for the children.  Any way, we are not as big as New York and I know NY is a grand city but give Chicago a try.

kindness is strength