Trusted Contributor

The QVC card must be a real money maker.

The way the hosts keep trying to push people to get the QVC credit card, it must really be a money maker.  The last things I would consider financing would be make-up, clothes, shoes, or almost everything else on QVC.  My bet is if you have multiple easy pays every month, that QVC doesn't do a good job keeping track of when you purchased what, and charges interest when they shouldn't.  I would also bet many people forget payments and are charged interest.  I bet the thing is a real gold mine for QVC.

Honored Contributor

Re: The QVC card must be a real money maker.

Did you ever see the interest rate on unpaid balances?  All I can say is wow. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Yes - for sure.  I think their Q card is like most department cards.  If a person has one, there is a tendency to spend more freely.  Many years ago I had one and I would see a piece of jewelry on special value or when they had the gold rush shows or silver bonanza shows, etc., and I'd think --- goody -- and put it on the card and worry about paying for it later!  I eventually paid off the card and cancelled it.  The temptation was too great!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I agree..... the interest is high....

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I took a look at the interest rate and said "Wow."  EZ pays is not enough of an inducement to use QVC's card.

Honored Contributor

Yep, those credit cards are money-makers.  Isn't that why every sales associate at Nordstrom's asks me "Will this be on your Nordstrom card?"  And you can subsitute any chain name you want.  If there's a card available, they all ask. 

If you ever think a card company like Synchrony doesn't love big sellers like QVC, just go back a year and read about the struggle American Express went through when Costco switched from AmEx to VISA. 

Maybe with more and more users paying off their balances monthly, one of these days there will be less emphasis on the cards.

Esteemed Contributor

Either it's a money maker or not enough people are buying their spiel.  I would never get a Q card. 

Esteemed Contributor

I fail to understand how posters feel that customers are being unfairly taken advantage off by using the Q card for Q purchases and putting them on EZ pay.  I do not have a Q card nor do I want one.  My QVC purchases are charged to a VISA card.  Occasionally something I want is on EZ pay and while I do not buy things because they are on EZ pay I will take advantage of that option if it is offered.  I get my VISA bill in the mail and everything I have purchased whether from QVC on EZ pay or not plus any other charges I have made are clearly listed and itemized.  I pay my bill in full every month.  SHould I "forget" to make the minimum payment I will be charged interest on all my charges plus a late fee.  SHould I not pay the bill in full including the monthly installments on any outstanding EZ pay balances I will be charged interest on those amounts.  THis is standard business practice on all credit cards.  IF I fail to keep track of how much I have outstanding on EZ pays and get in over my head and cannot pay my Q card bill in full that responsibility is on my shoulders and certainly not anyone's fault except my own.

To infer that the bank,that issues the Q card is illegally charging interest can easily be proven by a review of the monthly statement.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The interest rate on any store credit card is a wow.  It's not just QVC. Check out JCPenneys, Kohls, Macy's, Nordstrom, etc.

I have a Q card and I pay it in full every month although many months there is nothing on it to pay.  I have never had an issue with interest being charged when it shouldn't be.  I have never been charged a dime of interest.  I don't get carried away with purchases. 

I also had an HSN card and I have an Evine card.  Out of the 3 cards, Q has the least incentives to have the card.  I closed my HSN card last month because there isn't really any reason to have it anymore.  They are getting stingier with crediting return s/h fees and that was really the only reason I kept the card.  I don't want my credit dinged or I'd cancel Q and Evine as well.

Trusted Contributor

Im nuts...I love mine. 3 easy pays on everything.  I cant even think about the interest rate.  Yes in denial.  lol.