Regular Contributor

Re: The Q should take HSN's lead

I shop at both and each has it's good and bad. Prices on HSN NON CLEARANCE are a little high, yes they have great clearance and you better be quick because it is gone. QVC, their clearance prices are not as low- they can last for a year-- LOL, but I think the Q's products seem to be of a better quality, I am speaking from clothes in this regard. QVC its best deals are--- the "Last Clicks" "Limited" quantities. Those types, search for these instead of clearance....

As far as customer service, while both are very nice and helpful, I have found that QVC customer service have more stroke so to speak. They have the ability to make price changes, match flex pays, and shipping. Where as HSN not.

Here is my example. I had a Iman bag on waitlist. I could tell it wasn't going to come in the Purple, so I will take the cream instead. I was told I could not make that change, I could order the cream but it would be $10 more that day and no, flex was offered nor the free shipping. This has happened a couple of times, they can only offer what the item is that day. QVC has given me the price, EZ, shipping to match. Maybe I got a newbie but they just don't seem to have as much authority.

QVC, you have a wider window to either cancel or make changes to an order, but orders seem to take the same amount of time to arrive from both.

I don't see that much or more great shipping like is posted here. Except when it is clearance time, then yes they have the $1.99.

The best feature is this, that if you order multiple items in 24 hours, then you can reduce your S&H - Great job HSN, but know this, it must be ordered not only in the time period but it must also be via the same method. Can't mix phone and online, doesn't work. And I even called C.S. and they said sorry--

As to the boards, I have looked at HSN it seems like a waste land there, also, the reviews are not very helpful, and full of negatives -- like size irregularity and prices -- just like some post on this board.

I shop both and appreciate the Customer Service of both, I don't go to B.M. stores, I don't like seeing what I wear on every other gal in the office. I have my favorite vendors from each.

Respected Contributor

On 3/10/2015 Johnnyeager said:

HSN has Cinderella as a Movie tie-in and QVC had the Muppets.

Frequent Contributor

On 3/17/2015 Tinkrbl44 said:
On 3/10/2015 ANewHue said: In less than two days I received 2 coupons from HSN. Although I didn't plan on purchasing anything, I used one coupon already and since the other is good until 3/31 I put it on my frig and I'm sure I'll use it. Easy pay is okay but it's nice to be rewarded every now and then. Especially if your a good customer it would be nice to get a perk once and awhile.

So WHAT does an HSN coupon give you ..... a discount, free shipping ... or WHAT ? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I received a coupon for $10 off my next order from HSN. I wish that QVC would credit return S/H charges to something similar to "SPENDABLE KASH" as HSN calls it. Everybody wins!!!

Esteemed Contributor

When pigs fly that is when QVC will give us coupons. We are lucky to have the 3 dollar shipping and handling. Or are we ?

Esteemed Contributor

The coupons would be helpful if the products were comparable. The HSN products I had purchased in the past were of poor quality and i have to honestly say, QVC products are just a better quality. Yes, there are some clothing lines like Logo which IMO are over priced and not good quality but viewers like them and they sell but there are more choices on QVC. Coupons are just a way to draw the consumer in and QVC just does not need to do so.
Esteemed Contributor

It's nice to know the Q is so successful they don't have to compete anymore with others by giving them reasons to shop. Seems like they think Easy Pay is something they "need" to do. Seems like Flex Pay is alright for them, too. Looks like if it's good for the Q, it's alright for them to do. It's just those darn coupons they don't "need" to do. Good for the Q, not so good for the customers.