Respected Contributor

Re: The Q should take HSN's lead

On 3/12/2015 Johnnyeager said:

If you been a longtime HSN viewer as have I, you have to admit they've come a long, long way from the endless hours of Capodimonte, Art Krull Ultrex and that Ruta Lee weight reducing spray that the FCC nailed them on.

I think I've been watching forever! Remember in the early days they had these knit pants that were one size fits all?

I didn't think they sold Capodimonte - that was CVN and then QVC that were the Capodimonte channel. Of course both the Q and HSN sold tons of dolls.

Respected Contributor

On 3/12/2015 sunshine45 said:

you can access hsn coupons that are available for everyone by typing the word COUPONS into their search bar. there is currently one for $15 off $75+ purchase that is good through the end of the month.

we talk about so many different stores and subjects on these boards.....macys, nordstrom, evine, sams club,....why NOT talk about hsn? they are really stepping up their game.

hsn cardholders now receive spendable kash for using the return label. you are charged 6.95 for the return label BUT they give you that full amount back in the kash AND refund your original shipping fees. i wonder why qvc doesnt do this?

I haven't returned anything, but think it's a great idea. Have you made a return? Is there a time limit on how long that spendable kash is available? That's where I run into problems because I'm not an endless shopper, and I don't watch regularly as I don't want to be convinced to buy something I really don't need. That's the problem I have with Kohl's cash and their newer yousave program. There's a very short time-frame to use it, and geesh I already did all the shopping I needed to do.

Honored Contributor

buck-i-nana.....you have 90 days to use the spendable kash.....and it can be used on anything.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

On 3/12/2015 sunshine45 said:

buck-i-nana.....you have 90 days to use the spendable kash.....and it can be used on anything.

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

On 3/10/2015 Chrystaltree said:
On 3/10/2015 banjo said:
On 3/10/2015 stevieb said:
On 3/10/2015 banjo said:

Yet, all of you come here and use QVC's forums. Why not use HSN forums?

Maybe for the same reason the Q so rarely seems to step up to the plate, even though these forums are a great source of feedback for them about what their supposedly valued customers are thinking... After all, if HSN is already offering customer incentives, then why would folks post the need for them to do so...

Wink

I would think that if they like HSN so much, they would like them to know by posting all these wonderful comments on their forums so that HSN would they are appreciated. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Funny...there are so many HSN posts here on QVC's board that I really thought HSN had disbanded it's board.

I post on the HSN boards a few times every week. I have positive things to say.

Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}On 3/10/2015 stevieb said:
On 3/10/2015 maryebrown said:

I've tried to figure out the HSN boards, but the posters are almost non-existent there (and there seems to be outrageous moderation by the webbies about anything negative that's posted on their forum). {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

As far as comparisons between them & the Q -- I've rarely purchased anything from the Q recently, and I haven't purchased anything from HSN for well over 10 years! Most of the programming for BOTH CHANNELS is redundant, boring, and the Hosts have not convinced me to purchase ANYTHING that they're hawking - I always ask myself, "Do I REALLY want/need what they are selling?" 99.9% of the time, the answer is NO! When you Add In the cost of RETURN SHIPPING for the often defective/miss-sized/lousy quality of many items from the Q...there's really NO Bargains here! {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

I'm sticking to Shopping at Stores where I can SEE what I am buying, with NO S&H, and I can try on the clothing/shoes items that I like, before I purchase them...TJMaxx, Belk's (always has coupons!), and Marshalls are becoming MY favorite places to visit ! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

I too am doing more and more shopping at stores and less and less with QVC. I haven't bought much from HSN in a long time and don't see that changing, though I do purchase there occasionally and it IS usually in conjunction with a coupon offer... I've purchased a few things recently from Evine, but don't see that becoming a regular thing... And while I still shop at other online resources, many, in their own way, are proving to be a turn-off... Increasingly, I'm moving toward buying online only when an item is not generally available. Otherwise, I'd rather see it first. And again, as far as the Q is concerned, their overall high costs and their new shipping and handling policy are big reasons for me to take far fewer risks shopping with them.

I agree with the sentiments above. Further, a poster above stated she posts as a *headzup* (regarding the other channel). To which I say...Thank You. Sometimes, this board does function as *one-stop-shopping* and I do enjoy learning about other items from other venues from the board participants.

Contributor

On 3/10/2015 sunshine 919 said:

Hello, I personally post things about HSN to let people know if they are having a good deal or some thing nice that I think other ladies may like. I also post on HSN if Evine has something good going on. I would never have known about the items on HSN Or Evine until one of my friends clued me in, I was so stuck on Q that I never watched anything else. I appreciated the information and that is why I post on this site, maybe someone will discover something nice on a different site. Just trying to be nice and share good things that's all. No hidden agenda. I always post my positive thoughts on all 3 sites. I do reviews on the items on those sites as I do on this site. For instance maybe some of you would not have known about Cinderella on HSN. I noticed someone else posted pictures of items, I find this helpful. Once again no hidden agenda just one lady giving other ladies information they may want to know. I love the jewelry shows on Evine so I will let you guys know when they are having a show.

Thank You!

Honored Contributor

On 3/10/2015 ANewHue said: In less than two days I received 2 coupons from HSN. Although I didn't plan on purchasing anything, I used one coupon already and since the other is good until 3/31 I put it on my frig and I'm sure I'll use it. Easy pay is okay but it's nice to be rewarded every now and then. Especially if your a good customer it would be nice to get a perk once and awhile.

So WHAT does an HSN coupon give you ..... a discount, free shipping ... or WHAT ? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/17/2015 Tinkrbl44 said:
On 3/10/2015 ANewHue said: In less than two days I received 2 coupons from HSN. Although I didn't plan on purchasing anything, I used one coupon already and since the other is good until 3/31 I put it on my frig and I'm sure I'll use it. Easy pay is okay but it's nice to be rewarded every now and then. Especially if your a good customer it would be nice to get a perk once and awhile.

So WHAT does an HSN coupon give you ..... a discount, free shipping ... or WHAT ? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I will chime in and tell you that via email I got a 17% off coupon code to use on a single item purchase, good for St. Patrick's day only, and I also recently received a email coupon for $15 off a $75 or more purchase, which is good thru the end of March. I used both coupons today, separate transactions. The items I bought already had free shipping.

FWIW, I'm not a HSN Cardholder, and I am not a frequent HSN shopper. I also received $10 off no minimum amount coupons, included in each of the last two orders I received.

Honored Contributor

On 3/17/2015 SHOPR said:
On 3/17/2015 Tinkrbl44 said:

I will chime in and tell you that via email I got a 17% off coupon code to use on a single item purchase, good for St. Patrick's day only, and I also recently received a email coupon for $15 off a $75 or more purchase, which is good thru the end of March. I used both coupons today, separate transactions. The items I bought already had free shipping.

FWIW, I'm not a HSN Cardholder, and I am not a frequent HSN shopper. I also received $10 off no minimum amount coupons, included in each of the last two orders I received.

Thanks for replying. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}