Valued Contributor

The Q’s push for in-your-face selling has backfired-viewers are exhausted by it. Who else is?

[ Edited ]

Certainly has caused me not to watch. Other than Carolyn G., Courtney K., Pat D. and Mary Beth R., the rest are too much to watch. I usually just look at Lunchtime and Primetime Specials and if I need to see the video, I can take a snippet that is loaded onto the items page. AND if you aren't annoyed by it, that's ok. You're entitled to your opinion as am I without being accused of being a hater or judgmental. 

Honored Contributor

Re: The Q’s push for in-your-face selling has backfired-viewers are exhausted by it. Who else is?

I'm not "exhausted." I enjoy having QVC on in the background as I do my work. They are very pleasant hosts and vendors. Some I prefer more than others.

I don't feel they are "in my face." If I did, I could always make the decision to change the channel. 

Respected Contributor

Re: The Q’s push for in-your-face selling has backfired-viewers are exhausted by it. Who else is?

@Styleovertrend wrote:

Certainly has caused me not to watch. Other than Carolyn G., Courtney K., Pat D. and Mary Beth R., the rest are too much to watch. I usually just look at Lunchtime and Primetime Specials and if I need to see the video, I can take a snippet that is loaded onto the items page. AND if you aren't annoyed by it, that's ok. You're entitled to your opinion as am I without being accused of being a hater or judgmental. 

You certainly complain a lot about QVC. Maybe find another channel that doesn't annoy you.

Respected Contributor

@Styleovertrend 

Huckster comes to mind.  I get what you're saying. I too prefer the video clips over the programming.

Valued Contributor

@ahoymate hoping at some point some of these "complaints" by many, many, many  viewers will warrant a change so we can get back to the Q.

Valued Contributor

some are more annoying than others and that includes the vendors

Honored Contributor

@Styleovertrend 

I understand what your saying.... I never liked the hard sell or in your face sales approach whether it be on QVC or a  retailer in person.......  Thats why I watch a lot less QVC and only certain hosts that just give good product info without all the hype.......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

I have my favorite Hosts and I have my favorite programming.  If neither is on I just turn off the tv.  

Different strokes for different folks.  It's all good.

Valued Contributor

@MrSour thank you for mentioning vendors. I forgot to!

Honored Contributor

If you are choosing to watch, then how are they pushing anything in your face?  Why not take your face elsewhere.