Respected Contributor

The Q now has GUCCI sunglasses 🕶🕶

I saw these under new arrivals. It will be interesting to watch the presentation of the GUCCI $400 sunglasses because every time they present the Priva Riveaux (sp?) they use the high end expensive sunglasses as a way to sell the more affordable PR. “No need to pay $500 for sunglasses when these are just as expensive looking.”  😎

Honored Contributor

Re: The Q now has GUCCI sunglasses 🕶🕶

unfortunately i am not responsible enough to own $400 sunglasses. the prive revaux sunglasses are fine for me. i always seem to lose or break my sunglasses.

i wonder if these will actually get presented? i noticed that there were two gucci fragrances also available.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I looked at them and they don’t look any different from the less expensive brands.I wonder if the quality is really better or if you just pay for the brand.I have never seen any in person.

Honored Contributor

They're beautiful and I'd love to have them, but they would be more of a splurge item than a need item for me.  So I guess  don't need them right now. 

Esteemed Contributor

QVC used to stock & price items to attract the general population.Now they seem to be catering to those who have a lot of money to burn.That’s not me.I’m out.I’m perfectly content with my $40 sunglasses.😎 🕶

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefanI get your point, but I strongly suspect that many people don't buy just on need -  after all, a mid-level Chevy will get you wherever you want to go and people still head for a Lexus or a Cadillac or a Jaguar.   

Although I wear prescription suns, I'm one who looked at the Prive R's a few weeks ago and rejected them immediately.  Yes, they looked fine on everyone who showed them.  No, they wouldn't work for me because the reins were basically wires which offer no side protection. 

BTW - I'd be happy to find sun's for $400 -  my lens cost more than that.  The good news about them is that they work well enough to make me legal to drive and I'd probably love them even in an ugly frame.  (I love my frame, too!)

Honored Contributor

They’ll sell Gucci just like they sell a Le Creuset 6-piece cast iron cookware set versus a Cook’s Essential cast iron cookware set. There are customers who prefer one over the other, and the better hosts know how to sell to them.

QVC has tens of thousands of items online, some are incredibly luxurious and expensive.  I searched for necklaces yesterday during the gold show, and there’s actually a $10,000 necklace you can buy.  

That has always been the case, at least in the 15 years I’ve been a frequent QVC shopper.  So that’s nothing new.  Any person, of any wallet size, can buy whatever they want.  That $10,000 necklace will never get an airing, but it’s still available online.  I see no problem with that at all.  

Esteemed Contributor

Such an easy pass for me.  I wear prescription glasses for reading, and those are expensive enough.  If folks can afford them and want them, enjoy.  If I need yet another pair of sunglasses, there are many places I can go to get another pair for a very reasonable price.  If I lose a pair, no tears.

Honored Contributor

As someone who owns a few pair of Gucci sunglasses, they are very nice but you don't have to spend hundreds to get a good pair of sunglasses.

I purchased mine because I wanted a specific size of frame; we're talking the huge, oversize Jackie-O look and for whatever reason, the cheaper brands don't make the big, oversize lenses. 

In my collection, I have Gucci, YSL, Joan Rivers, Iris Apfel, Joan Boyce and Ray Ban plus a few pairs that I found at Walmart. Different looks for different needs. 

Esteemed Contributor

I predict Shawn will have first dibs at selling the Gucci sunglasses. Doesn't she always go after the high-end names? 

Money screams; wealth whispers.