Honored Contributor

Re: The Q now has GUCCI sunglasses 🕶🕶

People who want Gucci sunglasses don't buy Gucci because they want sunglasses.  They want Gucci sunglasses.  Evine has been selling Gucci and other high end sunglasses for years.  

Honored Contributor

There's no reason for a pair of NON-prescription sunglasses to cost $400. JMHO.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

They’ll sell Gucci just like they sell a Le Creuset 6-piece cast iron cookware set versus a Cook’s Essential cast iron cookware set. There are customers who prefer one over the other, and the better hosts know how to sell to them.

QVC has tens of thousands of items online, some are incredibly luxurious and expensive.  I searched for necklaces yesterday during the gold show, and there’s actually a $10,000 necklace you can buy.  

That has always been the case, at least in the 15 years I’ve been a frequent QVC shopper.  So that’s nothing new.  Any person, of any wallet size, can buy whatever they want.  That $10,000 necklace will never get an airing, but it’s still available online.  I see no problem with that at all.  

I don’t have a problem with it, and I am aware that a lot of retailers sell low and high priced items. My thoughts were more directed towards the sales pitch. That’s all. No digs toward GUCCI or any brand. Just thought I’d clarify. 

Honored Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

There is and it's called capitalism and it's why people can afford $400 sunglasses.

Trusted Contributor

Evine has sold expensive sunglasses for ages.

Any brand you can think of, they have it.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

There is and it's called capitalism and it's why people can afford $400 sunglasses.

So true @chrystaltree

Honored Contributor

I have Gucci frames on my regular glasses and they didn't cost anywhere near 400.00.  Unfortunately my optician can't get this brand anymore and repairs on my broken ones will be the last as they can't order parts.  My fault, not theirs, I fell on a concrete step.