Frequent Contributor

The ONE thing slower than shipping....RETURNS

It is now 12 days since I have returned two items back to QVC. Both items were sent back in exchange for a different size (due to their inaccuate sizing chart). I have been checking my account for these returns online and zip, nada, zero. HOW long does this take? Their reciept of returns/exchanges is even slower than their shipping...I didn't think it could get any worse. {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Respected Contributor

Re: The ONE thing slower than shipping....RETURNS

My returns always take 10-12 days and on the 11 th day I always always call CS and then within an hour my return is processed. If I do not call I was waiting up to 14 days even though it was showing as returned on my a/c. I recently ordered for first time from HSN and returned one item which was received and processed in 6 days - also shipment out was next day from date of ordering. Go figure.
Esteemed Contributor

They use a "Shipping Agent". When I return something using the prepaid label, I make a copy of the label and enter the barcode number (the lower barcode on the label) in the USPS website to track the package. It will tell you how long the package sits in your post office before the Shipping Agent picks it up and actually starts it on its way back to QVC. I have no idea what they do with it at that point, but you can no longer track it on the USPS website. You have to wait until QVC decides to update it on their returns status page. I have had packages sit in my post office as much as 8 days before being picked up by the Shipping Agent - and no one at QVC has ever explained that to me. Then it can take a few more days for it to actually get back there, so 12 days would not be unusual.

Super Contributor

If I want to exhange something, I pay for UPS to return it, the Post Office takes forever to get returns back to QVC.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I've been sending back returns "on my own" lately, it's cheaper. It cost me $2.25 to mail back a jewelry item. It goes first class, and you get delivery confirmation. I noticed, not only am I saving money - but it seems to process my refund VERY quickly. Usually, a clothing item, such as a blouse still costs less than 6.95 - last one was between $5 and $6.

Esteemed Contributor

When I want to exchange some item. I return it and reorder it that day, because it takes at least two weeks to get there and another two weeks to get. Count on a month, so I just reorder, get my refund for the return item.

HSN comes so much quicker. I have never returned to HSN, so don't know that time.

Everyone is quicker than the Q. They have gotten bad, but good for me, don't order much anymore.

Honored Contributor

I had to send back a fan that was damaged (and maybe that's the difference) and it took 5 days for them to get the return and they sent the replacement out the next day.

Super Contributor

Returns are very slow OP, I agree. I try really hard to purchase things that I know I will keep to avoid returns. I did have to return a jacket recently that came 3 sizes too small and was the wrong jacket!! {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Respected Contributor

I do not use the QVC label. I use USPS priority. It gets to QVC faster and I get my refund faster. Postage is about the same. I find jewelry returns are done much faster than apparel, shoes, etc.

Honored Contributor

With just a minor exception of two, I've had reasonably good service with both lately. My returns seem to be processed pretty quickly and delivery, again, with just the occasional exception, has been reasonable. That said, I AM trying to figure out why it should take ten days to process and ship a small Valerie Parr Hill item that still appears to be nowhere close to my home...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...