Honored Contributor

Julia Cleary was back on again today with Jennifer Coffee and Isaac Mizrahi.  She was on in the beginning of the show, and Jennifer said she may pop back in later. 

Julia said she has been in training for a "couple of months," so I guess QVC is changing their training program to give new hosts as much on-air time as early as possible.  They used to keep them in quarantine (exaggeration of course) for six months before letting them interact in a show.  Julia seems very nice.

Break 'em in early; that sounds like a very good plan to me.

Honored Contributor

I too saw Julia on with JC.  She said she was fresh from LA where she had been training.

I found her a little loud and overly familiar but then I'm more of a get the lay of the land type of person.  I don't come in with all guns blazing.

Contributor

Re: The Newest Host

[ Edited ]

New host, Julia, reminds me of Patti Riley, at her most manic. 

Click.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Newest Host

[ Edited ]

Julia Cearley appeared on ITKWM today and is handling the social media aspect of the show; it was not clear from her introduction whether this is a permanent addition or if it's just for the day (perhaps clarification will happen later in the show). She says she came from the restaurant world, so I think it's likely that she could become the new ITKWM social media cohost. This is my first time seeing her on air, so I'm not sure what her experience entails, but it's pretty obvious that she isn't used to the concept of a microphone—she is VERY loud.

Valued Contributor

Not a fan at all. I actually had to change the channel the other morning when it was her and Katrina Szish. Nauseating.

~ Hope in TN ~
Valued Contributor

SHE IS LOUD AND WANTS TO BE THE CENTER OF ATTENTION, NOTHING AT ALL TO WRITE HOME ABOUT

Frequent Contributor

Ooooooh I think she is a bit too loud, too in your face, too I'M HERE LOOK AT ME!!!!!. 

I think her schtick is she's an actress so she knows where to look for the cameras but there is an awful lot  grinning and a little nod and a wink and I'm waiting for her to do "jazz hands"...... I think she's a combo of SK + MD who can be very loud

Esteemed Contributor

Excellent description of her!  She definitely can spot the right camera and stare right into it!

Why did they need to go to L.A. to find someone?

Esteemed Contributor

@grayhairdontcare wrote:

Ooooooh I think she is a bit too loud, too in your face, too I'M HERE LOOK AT ME!!!!!. 

I think her schtick is she's an actress so she knows where to look for the cameras but there is an awful lot  grinning and a little nod and a wink and I'm waiting for her to do "jazz hands"...... I think she's a combo of SK + MD who can be very loud

--------------

Exactly what I saw too!   She needs to tone it down some.  I don't like the 'in your face' sales approach!!

Contributor

I totally agree.  She is way too loud and excitable.  The first .. and last .. time I saw her I had the tv on in the living room.  I had gone out to the kitchen to do something and while I was out there I heard this shrieking that just didn’t stop.  Normally I can’t hear our tv from the kitchen.  I went running in to see what was wrong.  That was my first and last encounter with Julia. I will just turn the channel when she is on.