Occasional Contributor

Who’s Antony?  They actually hired another male???  Say it isn’t so!  I thought the last male hired was Alberti, and that was after Dan Wheeler left.  Too many females hosts and assistants.  Can’t stand it when they all get together and act like silly school girls,  What a turn off.

Esteemed Contributor
Sometimes I wonder why I even bother.

Sigh.
Respected Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Actually, the last male host hired was Anthony Heywood but he didn't last too long.  

Only 4 or 5 months on the air and then he disappeared in April.

JohnnyEager:  I still cannot figure out why they let him go.  He was intelligent, calm. presented the products in a professional manner, easy on the eyes (LOL), and acted like a mature man not like the giggling school girl that they kept.  It was so refreshing to see a man's man. 

Esteemed Contributor

Personally, I think that Anthony may have left on his own, although we'll never really know.

Given the overnight hours he was working, and so many other hosts competing for better time slots he may have seen very little opportunity for growth and expansion.

I believe that he is still operating his own photography business in the Philadelphia area.  That's the impression I get from his linked-in pages.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Personally, I think that Anthony may have left on his own, although we'll never really know.

Given the overnight hours he was working, and so many other hosts competing for better time slots he may have seen very little opportunity for growth and expansion.

I believe that he is still operating his own photography business in the Philadelphia area.  That's the impression I get from his linked-in pages.

@Johnnyeager  Anthony did go to the jewelry trade show (JCK) in Las Vegas where all retail jewelry buyers and presenters (including QVC) go every year.  Michele Lau, QVC's diamond and gemstone representative, posted a photo of the two of them together on her IG page last month

Respected Contributor

@Justicecity wrote:

Who’s Antony?  They actually hired another male???  Say it isn’t so!  I thought the last male hired was Alberti, and that was after Dan Wheeler left.  Too many females hosts and assistants.  Can’t stand it when they all get together and act like silly school girls,  What a turn off.

@Justicecity QVC did not hire Alberti after Dan Wheeler left. Alberti was already working at the Q before Dan retired.

Respected Contributor

@lovesallanimals wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Actually, the last male host hired was Anthony Heywood but he didn't last too long.  

JohnnyEager:  I still cannot figure out why they let him go.  He was intelligent, calm. presented the products in a professional manner, easy on the eyes (LOL), and acted like a mature man not like the giggling school girl that they kept.  It was so refreshing to see a man's man. 

Johnny Eager,  Dan Hughes is rugged. He farms and fixes cars. He also puts up a magnificent Holiday light display. He uses over a mile of lights and people supposedly come from New Jersey to see his elaborate display.  A true marlboro man who adores his wife. He always speaks glowingly of her..  Love watching Dan sell.

Esteemed Contributor

No where in my posts did I mention Dan Hughes.

And I've read this description of him before.

Esteemed Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@lovesallanimals wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Johnny Eager,  Dan Hughes is rugged. He farms and fixes cars. He also puts up a magnificent Holiday light display. He uses over a mile of lights and people supposedly come from New Jersey to see his elaborate display.  A true marlboro man who adores his wife. He always speaks glowingly of her..  Love watching Dan sell.

Rugged, he is not.  Clint Eastwood is rugged.  Harrison Ford is rugged.  Dwayne Johnson is rugged.  Paul Newman and Robert Redford as Butch Cassiday and the Sundance Kid were rugged.  Sam Shepard was rugged.  Sam Elliott is rugged.  Idris Elba is rugged.  Dan Hughes who might be a very nice man is not nor has he ever been classified a rugged.

Respected Contributor

I bet none of those actors ever farmed or did a lot of manual labor.  In my opinion, Dan is what constitutes rugged!