Super Contributor

Re: The New Hosts Have Started

Welp, guess i’ll just be saving even more money. Every time they bring in more new “help” they lose more of my business. I can’t watch any of the overnight hosts. Not that there’s anything worth staying up for anymore anyway. I don’t mean to gripe, but I sure miss the good ol days of about 10 years ago - great products, great hosts. Not so much anymore.

Respected Contributor

@Sameolmollysmama wrote:

Welp, guess i’ll just be saving even more money. Every time they bring in more new “help” they lose more of my business. I can’t watch any of the overnight hosts. Not that there’s anything worth staying up for anymore anyway. I don’t mean to gripe, but I sure miss the good ol days of about 10 years ago - great products, great hosts. Not so much anymore.

@Sameolmollysmama

Right there with you.  I watched the video of the new host and sadly, all I could think of was, I wonder which host she will eventually  try to emulate.

At any rate, I wish her well.   

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Another new host is starting tomorrow -- Tues, 12/11 -- in the noon hour with Mary Beth Roe.  It's the former QVC-UK host Anthony Heywood.

Super Contributor

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
😃
Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr

Did they switch the video? That looks and sounds like Nancy Hornbeck to me. 

Honored Contributor

@icezeus   Yes, now it looks like Nancy.  Must have switched the video.  No idea why, but it was a pleasure to watch the Christmas shower curtain again.  Just what everyone needs.  Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Spoiler
SO excited to see Ali Carr on the Q today!  She was probably the best host ever on ShopNBC (EVINE), but got very little airtime.  Her daughter Violet was a baby then, and I wondered if she wanted reduced hours or was rotated out (we know what that means!).

Ali has a beautiful, modulated speaking voice, always knows her products and is a total charmer.  She is worth watching even in the middle of the night selling junk jewelry, i can tell you from experience.  There is nothing she cannot sell.  She will be a welcome addition to QVC and I hope they treat her right.  Her personality and manner are closest to Katie McGee's, but Katie has apparently been banished to the online Q, as I literally never see her on live TV.  Ali's manner is the polar opposite of Amy Stran's, but I also like Amy a lot. There is room for variety at the Q, and I hope Ali finds an appreciative audience.

Welcome, Ali!  Very happy to see you again.
Frequent Contributor

Ali Carr is AMAZING!  She used to be on Evine.  Kudos to QVC for bringing her onboard!

Esteemed Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:
@handygal2. Thank you so much for posting the link😘. She is a natural. No nervousness at all. Looks like they have a winner. They must pay these hosts good money to have an entire family relocate Thanks again.

That is not a new hosts. That is Nancy Hornbeck. She has let her hair grow long.

Honored Contributor

@elated wrote:

@Teddixat wrote:
@handygal2. Thank you so much for posting the link😘. She is a natural. No nervousness at all. Looks like they have a winner. They must pay these hosts good money to have an entire family relocate Thanks again.

That is not a new hosts. That is Nancy Hornbeck. She has let her hair grow long.

@elated: You're right. When the link was originally posted 3 weeks ago, Ali was the host. For some reason, QVC changed the video to now show Nancy as the presenter.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~