Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Latest From Lisa Mason...

I wish her the best...She was always a pleasure to watch.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@redhead65  Why don't you just skip the threads you find so objectionable?  Then you won't upset yourself, and those who want to read them still can.  

I agree with another poster - it's the mod's jobs to monitor who can post  what.

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@redhead65  Why don't you just skip the threads you find so objectionable?  Then you won't upset yourself, and those who want to read them still can.  

I agree with another poster - it's the mod's jobs to monitor who can  what.

Dear Pearley,

I am not upset. Nothing as trivial as these threads in this entire forum can get me upset. You assume too much.

I stated my opinion because people assume too much and make untrue assumptions. Lisa doesn't need to read these discourses so I think people shouldn't mention negative things if they are truly concerned about her and/or her DH.

Super Contributor

I'm not assuming anything. Her husband has stopped responding to Chemo. He is faced with his own death as it says on her personal facebook page. Yes she is standing by him. I get sick of the nasty comments about her or why she isn't there anylonger. So I say why. Of course anyone who loves their mate would do the same.

A paste directly from her page.

Thank you all so much for all the wonderful emails. They have flooded in and we are reading every one! God bless you. Gino's PD1 treatment is once every three weeks. He will not have a scan for several months. A scan every four months is normal for immunotherapy.....so we wait. But this builds patience...which is a virtue. Very hard for me, type A, always running and demanding immediate answers. Very easy for Gino. Who said from the very first day of his stage 4 diagnosis 13 months ago..."Sweetie. Lets just enjoy each day. Don't look ahead. Don't look behind." Amazing, really. This man, facing his own death, has taught me how to live. Live for today. Live for the moment!! I know this sounds bizarre....but I have never been more contented in my entire life. God bless you.

Trusted Contributor

I saw this thread and immediately wondered when we'd all see "red."  THAT didn't take long! LOL

Honored Contributor

Yep, she has to set us all straight. Lol.
Esteemed Contributor

@Greenhouse wrote:

@bargainsgirl mom wrote:
No need for such comments that she was "loopy" she is a ClassAct, nothing more to be said!! I wish she and her husband all the best.

ITA....I never saw that...but exhaustion from caring for a loved one may seem like something else to some and not a good choice of words

That is for sure..I wish Gino and Lisa all the best!

New Contributor

While not knowing for sure but not seeing her for awhile on air, I figured Gino was very ill, unfortunately once again, and that Lisa had left the Q to care for the love of her life.  After reading what's happened with Gino' s reaction to a medication used in cancer patients, I am definitely passing this on to my Momma, who is fighting breast cancer for the 2nd time, and nearly died after just 2 chemotherapy treatments this time.  Her previous battle, 13 years ago, was a breeze if you can say that about breast cancer.  She'd have chemo and go to work!!  This time, she has lost a lot of weight, hair and strength.  Thanks to Lisa and the Q family for sharing her story.  God knows how many people will be helped by being aware of this drug and it's affects.  God bless you, Lisa and Gino. I will be sure to remember you both in my prayers daily. 

Most sincerely,

Rosie 6583

Rosemarie Roche

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Rosie6583 wrote:

While not knowing for sure but not seeing her for awhile on air, I figured Gino was very ill, unfortunately once again, and that Lisa had left the Q to care for the love of her life.  After reading what's happened with Gino' s reaction to a medication used in cancer patients, I am definitely passing this on to my Momma, who is fighting breast cancer for the 2nd time, and nearly died after just 2 chemotherapy treatments this time.  Her previous battle, 13 years ago, was a breeze if you can say that about breast cancer.  She'd have chemo and go to work!!  This time, she has lost a lot of weight, hair and strength.  Thanks to Lisa and the Q family for sharing her story.  God knows how many people will be helped by being aware of this drug and it's affects.  God bless you, Lisa and Gino. I will be sure to remember you both in my prayers daily. 

Most sincerely,

Rosie 6583

Rosemarie Roche

Rosie,

Sorry to hear about your mother's cancer. (I am 2 years out of recovery myself after months of daily chemotherapy and surgery.)

But I want to edit something you stated about the medication Gino was taking. The medical treatment he received only does what it did to Lisa's husband because his  system was allergic to something in it. This happens in only a low percentage of those who get it. The treatment is not harmful usually, only to those with this anomaly.

Your mother may not have had this particular thing occur, and most who receive it do well. It is, however, that Gino, or anyone else, might have this allergic reation to it.

I have said a prayer for your mother. 

Blessings to you both. Woman Happy