Honored Contributor

I believe in hugs.  Let's get over all this "distancing" silliness.

Honored Contributor

Re: “The Hug Rule”

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 wrote:

@rms1954  It’s not silliness. I can’t stand having someone I’m not close with touching me, ever. To each their own. Hug anyone you want.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

Why should there ever be hugging , it is unprofessional.

@QVCkitty1    Are you kidding?  Hugging is the acceptable greeting for businessmen and sports heroes nowdays.  I never saw the like of the way men run around hugging each other.  In my world real men don't hug each other unless they're in the throes of extreme grief.

@Kachina624 , I was thinking about real businesses with HR departments . Hugging in a business environment is just stupid and unnecessary. You can be cordial and friendly without touching .

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

The obligatory/staged hugs that went on pre pandemic at QVC were silly at best. I hope they never return.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@rms1954  It’s not silliness. I can’t stand having someone I’m not close with touching me, ever. To each there own. Hug anyone you want.

@proudlyfromNJ  -  I have a good friend who was distant at first. We are close now. She is NOT a hugger. At different times I have asked her if I can hug her. She always says OK. After all of these years I feel comfortable hugging her - at certain times!   Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

The phony and forced hugs at QVC before could not be more different from the sincere, heartfelt, emotional hug that happened between Rick and Valerie today.  IMO, that was one of the best moments I've seen on QVC.

Trusted Contributor

@beach-mom   I think of David & his schitck of being his southern grandma & his kissing//hugging of the guests, sorry I just don't appreciate the gesture.

Respected Contributor

@FishandSnail wrote:

The phony and forced hugs at QVC before could not be more different from the sincere, heartfelt, emotional hug that happened between Rick and Valerie today.  IMO, that was one of the best moments I've seen on QVC.

Exactly, @FishandSnail. Very well said. This one was actually real.  

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@rms1954  It’s not silliness. I can’t stand having someone I’m not close with touching me, ever. To each there own. Hug anyone you want.

Thank you, I will.  Of course it would be someone who is equally warm and welcoming.  

Valued Contributor

Re: “The Hug Rule”

[ Edited ]

Many of the pre-pandemic hugs seemed obligatory and insincere. The QVC customers may often feel manipulated, just as they do during all the on set staged wine drinking. I have yet to see a host do anything with the wine other than carry it around the set while they uncomfortably look for a place to park the glass. This often seems silly. I have no problem with someone drinking wine, but I honestly think it adds nothing to a show, and it can be distracting.