Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Dennis & Jill Show is the Worst

@TY I agree with you about the same old song & dance regarding the various bags from the GILI line. For whatever reason, very few of the lines of handbags sold by QVC appeal to me. I don't particularly WANT a huge cavern of a bag that I can haul everything and the kitchen sink in with me wherever I go but where all that "stuff" disappears into the bottom of the bag and w/o much security and a high price tag on top of all of that.. Just my personal opinion.

Honored Contributor

Re: The Dennis & Jill Show is the Worstl

@panda1234 wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@Love my grandkids  I watched Dennis present with Leah last evening and I was surprised that he asked Anne, the model, to zipper up a jacket because he “ wasn’t allowed to.”    He leaned it to zipper it, then he backed off.

My guess is that that the models complained and he was told to keep his hands to himself.

@Carmie I believe you are correct.

I thought. DB was married to a Man.  And He  is a threat as a groper  on the female models???  This just sounds very odd to me🤔

Trusted Contributor

OVERPRICED COATS AND THE OTHER ONE THINKS SHE IS ON THE RUN WAY.WON'T WASTE  MY TIME.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GinaV24 wrote:

@TY I agree with you about the same old song & dance regarding the various bags from the GILI line. For whatever reason, very few of the lines of handbags sold by QVC appeal to me. I don't particularly WANT a huge cavern of a bag that I can haul everything and the kitchen sink in with me wherever I go but where all that "stuff" disappears into the bottom of the bag and w/o much security and a high price tag on top of all of that.. Just my personal opinion.

@GinaV24

I agree with you about the size of the handbags, and its not just the GILI line...its ALL their bags.  They seem to be offering small "suitcases" that you can put half of what you own in them---they are just TOO LARGE!!!  I'm looking for that Goldilocks handbag---not too big and not too small (and yes QVC goes to that extreme with these mini bags too).....I wnt just a nice medium sized bag is what Im looking for and definitely NOT at QVC....I find named brands at TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Stein Mart....Good bags at GREAT prices and no RIDICULOUS $11 shipping fee either!!! 

I made an exception and recently ordered a bag on clearance---great price and  with free shipping and returned it too LARGE!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@Love my grandkids  I watched Dennis present with Leah last evening and I was surprised that he asked Anne, the model, to zipper up a jacket because he “ wasn’t allowed to.”    He leaned it to zipper it, then he backed off.

My guess is that that the models complained and he was told to keep his hands to himself.

@Carmie I don't think the models complained at all.  They are professionals, and models clothes are adjusted by the designers all the time, that's a regular part of the job.  In his earlier shows, Dennis made several comments eluding to the climate now of all the sexual harassment claims and that he didn't want to do or say anything improper.  I believe that was that was why he made the comment about zipping up her jacket.

@Caaareful Shopper   @Carmie

Out of all the Q designers I think no one was more touch than Stan Hermann

I think your right CAAREFUL SHOPPER in view of all the harassment claims in the news, QVC must have had a meeting....because on a recent Carolyn & Dan show, Carolyn mentioned that Mally would be presenting a product and Dan Hughes said that Mally is such a nice lady....and then he added..."am I allowed to say that".......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I have several ROMA 2 GILI bags. One of them always accompanys me on trips.  I have a purse organizer that just slips in.  But in reality when I travel: I need my soft jewelry case where I place my travel jewelry, kindle, Halo charger, etc.  The ROMA 2 accomodates these items easily.  In order to accomodate the size while on the trip, I always take one of my Brahmin Mimosa's so I have a smaller bag available.

I think GILI has a nice selection of handbags.  My favorite is still the ROMA 2, but there are many nice styles to choose from.  

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt you and me both. I want a "goldilocks" bag too. Of course I actually already have quite a few handbags in my closet.  I sort of rotate thru various colors depending on the season.

I figure I'll look in the stores when the new spring bags come out since if I'm going to replace one, it will most likely need to be for that color scheme.

I can't  "wait" to be inundated with ULTRAVIOLET color bags (and everything else in fashion) for the coming year!  Not that I have anything against that color, but everything is done to extreme.

Valued Contributor

I echo what some of us are saying here. I can read people very well and I think Dennis does touch models a little inappropriately at times. You can see the discomfort on the models faces when hes done. Im surprised no one has come out yet about him abusing etc. I kinda sense him to be a pervert and i think the models and hosts keep somewhat of a distance. Ladies, we know when a touch is inappropriate or not. I dont like his voice or his clothing but i dont buy anything of his anyway. I hope qvc keeps their employees safe from abuse of this kind because it cannot be healthy for women. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Super Contributor

I don't know who "dug up" this old thread, but the same still goes about D.B. .... he creeps me out...even his voice is a turn off, and yes, I turn the channel.