Honored Contributor

Re: The Dennis & Jill Show is the Worst

[ Edited ]

They tried this with Dennis, Jill, and Jane Tracey and it was a total disaster....Any Dennis, Jill along with Shawn would be a NO GO for me....I dont care for Jill at all and Jill and Dennis have absolutely no chemistry at all....It reminds me of those fake party shows that QVC used to have that were laughable!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@lOVETOSHOP wrote:

Pass the popcorn....you ladies have given me more entertainment tonight than anything on t.v. has!!!   

@lOVETOSHOP

comedian eating popcorn.gif

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

Dennis Basso is married to a man, so I wouldn't think he would have interest in the models that way.

Models are touched by designers and stylists so I would think it's part of the job.

I don't think Jill Martin (not her real name) adds anything.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

I like Jill.  She presents the products well.  I miss Lisa Robertson who founded GILI on behalf of QVC, but she has moved on.  I am sure she and Dennis would have been a good duo.  No matter what you think of the show QVC will always present this show periodically because they have sell outs on the show.  I always DVR or watch because I like the GILI line and often see their new offerings eg. adorable sequin bomber jacket showcased the other night.  It sold out in seconds.

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

Dennis Basso is married to a man, so I wouldn't think he would have interest in the models that way.

Models are touched by designers and stylists so I would think it's part of the job.

Hyacinth

You apparently don’t understand that orientation has nothing to do with which gender you touch inappropriately.

It is okay to touch and adjust clothing, but not okay to linger over certain areas of the body.  It has been mentioned on this forum that Maria, the model with dark hair, removed his hand from her body on one occasion.  I didn’t see it, but I would be surprised if it was true.

Respected Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

Hyacinth

Someone mentiomed he was spotted smoking outside the QVC studio. He seems like a man who has a raspy voice, often associated with smoking.  I could care less who he is married to. The man comes across as loud and boisterous. He is not refined.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I don't care for either, and such people are one reason I rarely tune in to Qvc anymore. Bleah. 

Honored Contributor

I have several Dennis Basso coats and I always get compliments when I wear them during the winter season.  They are of high quality and I purchase clothing based on the quality/design of the clothing - not the personality of the designer.

Valued Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@hyacinth003 wrote:

Hyacinth

Someone mentiomed he was spotted smoking outside the QVC studio. He seems like a man who has a raspy voice, often associated with smoking.  I could care less who he is married to. The man comes across as loud and boisterous. He is not refined.

There are many reasons for raspy voices beyond smoking.

Respected Contributor

yeah, I tried watching that show one time and was unimpressed with all of it. When it was Dennis and Joan Rivers, it was light hearted and funny. Some things you just can't sub people into the same slot.  I never watch the GILI shows either since I haven't seen anything I want to buy.

Shawn? well I avoid her shows as well since I choose to NOT watch people who irritate the heck out of me.