Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Boards…Just a Thought….

Hello everyone and welcome new Posters.  There are a few that like to cause issues.  BUT There are far more nice people.  Just ignore the ones that are rude and don't let them stop you.  I lost my Husband 7 years ago on March 7th.  The people on this board got me through some difficult times.  The ones that I had issues with, I won't respond to their posts and if they say something sarcastic or snippy on my post, I just ignore them.  Please give it more time and you will see that there are a lot of nice people here.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BalletBabe , I am sorry to hear of your loss.  Thank you for a nice post.

(((hugs))) to you.

Respected Contributor

I have never been able to understand why posters are allowed to bash fellow posters. That usually leads to warnings and bannings on other boards.

There is no reason for it and you can always respectfully disagree or say nothing.
Honored Contributor

What would really help is if people would stop adding their own narratives to what others post.

Stop reading between the lines. Take a post as is and stop adding your own attitude to it.

Too many think that those who disagree with them are being mean. 

One has to wear their big boy/big girl panties to post anywhere. 

Esteemed Contributor

Don't listen to criticism from people you would never go to for advice.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Regular Contributor

I'm not sure it's the thinking those who don't agree are being mean as much as it is the tone of the response. It's really easy to move past a comment until that comment is derogatory towards you. Being told your opinion is wrong, your thoughts on an item or a host is wrong and how dare you have the audacity to even ask is mean. Totally agree about having to wear big boy/big girl panties but this is a qvc forum, not twitter or fb. This is 80% older adult demographics. 

Respected Contributor

@Irmasdc wrote:

I'm not sure it's the thinking those who don't agree are being mean as much as it is the tone of the response. It's really easy to move past a comment until that comment is derogatory towards you. Being told your opinion is wrong, your thoughts on an item or a host is wrong and how dare you have the audacity to even ask is mean. Totally agree about having to wear big boy/big girl panties but this is a qvc forum, not twitter or fb. This is 80% older adult demographics. 

@Irmasdc , I hope you read my previous post welcoming you to the forums as well as my suggestion for typing paragraphs.

You should be receiving notifications located in the upper right portion of the site.

Again, welcome and hope you will enjoy your experience.  Most posters are nice and helpful.

Regular Contributor

@HisElk1 

I did see your previous post. Thank you.

I will try typing in paragraphs going forward. It's just a little new for me so, my apologies & I'll remember that.. 

Valued Contributor

@Irmasdc wrote:

@GingerHead 

I've seen this too. I received a post the other day doing just this.

A long timer here posted that they had been a member of this forem for over 2 decades(or something like that) and had many friends here and wanted to know what the point was to my post. As if I had no business posting. What point does any post have, really.  

Most people were really nice and hearted my post, but it seems like there's always a few that want to just stir things up. Like for example I can see people offering constructive criticism  but then you get a few who just  take things too far and say the most hurtful things. Like mean girl bullying. For example I saw a post yesterday where someone said that a host looked like she had a watermelon fat belly in a dress....is that really necessary?

I saw that as well. You absolutely nailed with the mean girl bullying. Comments such as the watermelon, the wig a vendor wore not matching her skin tone which is borderline racist, Carolyn's clothing size or whatever size she states that she is..I could go on & on. I sit staring at some of the things people say and all I can come up with is it must be sad. It must be sad living in your mansion you don't have payments on any longer, your endless bank acct so you can tell people who utilize easy pay they are a)stupid b)poor c)unable to budget correctly, your livestock & farm you run out to daily to kill and catch your days meals while us lowlifes take a chance on Rastelli meats bc the only way we can purchase it is to use easy pay. How sad they must be. I'm gonna make a toast to them while I eat my easy pay food, wear my easy pay clothes, put on my easy pay pajamas, sleep on my easy pay sheets on my easy pay mattress. If only I could get the Q to start selling gas cards on easy pay 🤔🤣

Bravo!!!!

Honored Contributor

@Irmasdc wrote:

Most of the time, the tone is from the person reading the post. However, I do agree that a few are out of line.

Anyone who posts anywhere has to know that some people will not agree, some might get snarky, and some might agree. Being older doesn't mean anything when it comes to this.