Valued Contributor

The Blogs have gone downhill

I used to enjoy host or vendor postings on the Blogs tab. It’s turned into nothing but rules for sweepstakes and games of chance a/k/a ‘let us sell your email address’. I don’t Facebook so I feel something is missing. Sigh.
Honored Contributor

Re: The Blogs have gone downhill

Sorry, never noticed.  I believe I only checked the blogs one time.  There were other posts on this subject recently, so maybe QVC will take note that some folks miss the blogs.  I would imagine they became quite combersome to maintain regularly.

Honored Contributor

@birdQ13 wrote:
I used to enjoy host or vendor postings on the Blogs tab. It’s turned into nothing but rules for sweepstakes and games of chance a/k/a ‘let us sell your email address’. I don’t Facebook so I feel something is missing. Sigh.

@birdQ13.  There is another thread about this somewhere from the other day.

They all have public Facebook pages for everyone to see as well as public Instagram.

Valued Contributor

Honored Contributor

@birdQ13I really haven't read many, so I don't know whether they're uphill or down..And I don't do anyone's sweepstakes.

I do know that the only blogs I ever folloed for more than a few posting were done by people I knew personally -  and for me, even they ran out of anything I really cared to know.  One was done by a professional baker writing for us home cooks -  I would go back to her occasionally, but she quit when she found a new full-time job and a DH!

Question -  which do we think QVC's computer count tells them more os us click into -  the blogs or the sweepstakes?    I assume they work by the numbers.

Honored Contributor

I used to read the host and vendor blogs quite a bit when they first started.  After a while, not so much.  Now, not at all, because, as the OP says, they’re not much anymore but sweepstakes.

But with the two new channels and Facebook and Instagram (and heaven knows what else) that the hosts and vendors have to participate in, I imagine they just don’t have the time anymore to sit down and write about their lives in a separate QVC blog.

Let’s face it, QVC is changing.  They’re going right have to in order to stay afloat.  Some of the changes I like.  Some I don’t.  Just like everything else.

Honored Contributor

I don't know how much control the Q has over the hosts and vendors on Facebook and Instagram, but on the Q forum blogs if readers complain about something that has been said or how something is perceived the Q can take action on that. The forum in general has gone down hill simply because of the strict rules. If the forum is a gift from the Q, it certainly isn't a good one at this time.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@birdQ13:  You can still keep up with the hosts even if you don't do Facebook. Just scroll down to the bottom of the page of the QVC website, click on "Meet The Hosts" link. Then, click on the picture of the host. Click again on the Facebook icon. It's that easy! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

my thoughts,  the hosts "had to " wrote those and not all were on board with the personal sharing, and perhaps the policy changed

Respected Contributor

I enjoyed them, too.  I realize they were probably a lot of extra work.  And sometimes, the replies from posters were nasty.