Honored Contributor

The Big Find Items: Anyone Buying?

I haven't been impressed with the rollout of The Big Find. I find the products are nothing out of the ordinary, and the prices are high for what they are, IMO.

Have any of you purchased any of these new items?

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
New Contributor

Re: The Big Find Items: Anyone Buying?

No, haven't bought anything.  But how bout that beauty in a box for $75?  Are they kidding?  You can go to Big Lots and buy a plastic tray, a mirror and a couple of bags for about $5!  I can't believe that one!

Honored Contributor

@HighwayGirl wrote:

No, haven't bought anything.  But how bout that beauty in a box for $75?  Are they kidding?  You can go to Big Lots and buy a plastic tray, a mirror and a couple of bags for about $5!  I can't believe that one!

@HighwayGirl : I was thinking the same thing... And welcome to the Forums!

Respected Contributor

Friday night, out to dinner--

Completely missed the show....

Respected Contributor

Not impressed at all.  

Honored Contributor

@HighwayGirl wrote:

I've seen that product somewhere before, have been a different name but definitely the same thing

Honored Contributor

I did catch a show with new "up and coming" jewelry designers. I wasn't overly impressed with the mostly "message pieces" and the prices seemed high, but they sold well, if you believe the "flying out of here" thing. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nope and unimpressed!

Super Contributor

I was very happy to see this concept as I always enjoyed the 50 in 50 back in the day...so many great vendors came from that and it was great to see the regions of the country. But whoever is on the panels deciding the Big Find items seem to be looking for quirky things or stories about the people over the product and pricing...the price on that travel cosmetic organizer is crazy! And, putting magnetic liner on ones eyes doesn't seem like a top new, bright idea...IMO. It reminded me of the reality talent shows...they started out solely about the talent, and morphed into sagas about the backgrounds of the people.

Honored Contributor

@hookedonq wrote:

I was very happy to see this concept as I always enjoyed the 50 in 50 back in the day...so many great vendors came from that and it was great to see the regions of the country. But whoever is on the panels deciding the Big Find items seem to be looking for quirky things or stories about the people over the product and pricing...the price on that travel cosmetic organizer is crazy! And, putting magnetic liner on ones eyes doesn't seem like a top new, bright idea...IMO. It reminded me of the reality talent shows...they started out solely about the talent, and morphed into sagas about the backgrounds of the people.

@hookedonq : 👍