Respected Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

@Reever  Look at it ths way.  Salesmen are paid to sell.  They're not paid to "treat customers with respect".  If you're not a fan of used car salesmen and carnival barkers, then you're really not a fan of ANY salesmen including the QVC salesmen masquerading as "Program Hosts".  They are all of the same genre.  They all have one goal in mind; convnce you to part with your hard-earned dollars.

I guess I have always put the more "seasoned" hosts on an alter and consider them friends.  Mary Beth has personally repllied to all the emails I have sent her over the years. I have no reason to believe she is insincere. 

Honored Contributor

If the hosts did not make the sale personal I doubt people would care what they said to make a sale. When you turn customers into "friends" from Facebook and email customers, then people can question your character. As you all can see that's what's happening here.

Respected Contributor

@AngelLove2 wrote:Not a fan of Mary Beth's. She is too sweet. I agree, the hosts get stale and are on auto pilot. It must be hard for them to get excited about the products they have been selling for years.

That can be said of many professions of course. Judging from their lifestyles, the seasoned hosts seem to make very good money. In return, they should enthusiastically do their jobs.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

If someone falls for this, it's on them.  Everyone knows or should know it's just a gimmick.  The consumer has a responsibility to know the cost.   

Esteemed Contributor

If I hear "$20 bill alert", I automatically add on shipping charges, taxes on the item, and then my state's taxes on shipping charges.  To me, a $20 item will cost about $32.   

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

@Cats3000 wrote:

@Reever  Look at it ths way.  Salesmen are paid to sell.  They're not paid to "treat customers with respect".  If you're not a fan of used car salesmen and carnival barkers, then you're really not a fan of ANY salesmen including the QVC salesmen masquerading as "Program Hosts".  They are all of the same genre.  They all have one goal in mind; convnce you to part with your hard-earned dollars.

I guess I have always put the more "seasoned" hosts on an alter and consider them friends.  Mary Beth has personally repllied to all the emails I have sent her over the years. I have no reason to believe she is insincere. 

@Reever you are the very customer QVC is looking for. You consider the seasoned hosts friends? How many of their homes have you visited? Where have you all hung out together? Do you have their phone numbers and you call each other? These are things I do with my friends. And you put them on an alter? Really? Their only job is to get you to spend your money so they can stay employed. 

Esteemed Contributor
Honestly I am amazed at the things that irritate some people. These people are sales people - they are going to do and say what it takes to sell an item. Try using the mute button on your remote - problem solved! Or stop watching a channel whose sales people you detest
Honored Contributor

Twenty dollars may not be much to Pat, but it's a lot of money to some people.  But they're not the demographic she's trying to reach.  So it's okay.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@TeddixatSalesmen can be VERY irritating.  Trust me on that. Man Surprised

Respected Contributor

@ReeverIf you consifer ANY salesman "your friend", you are a fool.  And a fool and his money are soon parted.  Take that to heart.