Respected Contributor

Even sweet Mary Beth is pushing the mandate from corporate to sell using the " for less than a $20 bill you can get this home in a few days".   

Not a fan of carnival barkers or used care salespeople and QVC should treat its customers with more respect. I hate the $20 bill sales gimmick that they are spewing.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

They've been saying that for all of the 25+ years that I've been a QVC customer, I doubt they'll stop using that one anytime soon.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Pat uses that one a lot.  I cringe whenever I hear it - like, come on Pat, you can do better than that!

Esteemed Contributor

I have to admit that the $20 bill alert perks up my ears but ........I have learned not to press order when I hear this. Once you add in multiplie easy pays or even items under $20 in any  given month you can certainly go outside your budget. (whatever it is) 

Esteemed Contributor

MB is even more famous for.............get it home.......wear or try for 30 days....and return if you don't like it.

Same for size exchange

She didn't JUST become a faithful QVC'er.

Honored Contributor

Get used to it. Many hosts say that.

Valued Contributor
At least that bill exists I guess. It cracks me up when they say something like $7 bill alert!
Respected Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Even sweet Mary Beth is pushing the mandate from corporate to sell using the " for less than a $20 bill you can get this home in a few days".   

Not a fan of carnival barkers or used care salespeople and QVC should treat its customers with more respect. I hate the $20 bill sales gimmick that they are spewing.

"Sweet" Mary Beth is just as much of a pushy salesperson as the rest of them. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

"Sweet" or not, they are doing their job.  As others said, been doing it for years.

Honored Contributor

If sweet Mary Beth Is not able to sell, she too, will be staying home to spend more time with her family.

When you work for an employer, you must do as you are told and meet a selling quota or your contract will not be renewed.

This is nothing new.  If you are a sales person and aren't selling, you are costing the company money and they will let you go.