Honored Contributor

Re: That's one spoiled kid or QVC has to be kidding!

both my boys growing up had 2' decorated trees on the bureau with a child's nativity set under it.  Our parents did it for us & all of us have continued this tradition.

@Tadaki 

Trusted Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

both my boys growing up had 2' decorated trees on the bureau with a child's nativity set under it.  Our parents did it for us & all of us have continued this tradition.

@Tadaki 

@homedecor1 I'm sure it would be pretty.  My litte ones spent almost no time in their rooms -- only if they were in trouble!

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Mominohio 

Fyi: my son bought the most beautiful tree at WM last year for $279.00

It plays 12 Christmas melodies and has 40 light changing combinations...

It is stunning...I'll ask him to give me pic and brand name ...Im thinking of buying it this year I'm having family for Christmas 

@homedecor1 

If you have a Home Depot in your area, check out their trees, they usually put them up in October...I got a 7.5 for $175 with light in the pole, and it changed from multi to white, now it had steady and twinkle, and fast twinkle as light options.... it was the best tree...the longest an artificial ever lasted me....In some areas, Home Depot will even deliver....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

The kids in our family have a bed, dresser, and a desk in their bedrooms and one can barely walk in them. I guarantee there is no room for anything other than a tiny tabletop tree like many of you mentioned. Let alone the damage their big black lab would do with his exuberant tail always in motion. I haven't watched QVC for a couple of weeks...from the comments here on their sales pitches, I think I've spared myself a lot of eye rolling.

Bought a $69 rose gold tinsel tree from Walmart 2 years ago and love it. Easy to assemble and lightweight. It doesn't have any bells and whistles and may sound a bit iffy, but it's stunning when lit. If it only lasts a few years, I got my money's worth.

Respected Contributor

I agree it's ridiculous, not unlike other sales pitches like when they say to order multiples of everything----a few for the gift closet, one for the gym bag, one to keep at work, one to give to the mailman, bus driver, nail tech, the kid who walks your dog, etc, etc!

Respected Contributor

It's a sales pitch, imagine that on a shopping channel...gasp, faint.

Super Contributor

Don't think a kid would ordinarily care but knowing parents some would do it. 

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Mominohio 

agree -- no free shipping it's ridiculous...buy from a retailer with good track record for these type of color changing tree style with free shipping.

and more importantly, just flipped Q on and oh my Amy just said "only total 8,000 left for the day and no reorder" so what happens when Christmas decorating time comes & it doesn't work -- 

and Q can't replace.

Lots of unhappy customers☹️☹️☹️

@homedecor1 

Sadly there have been stories like you described on the HOLIDAY Forum category with other trees, other vendors.....I guess the people were forced to try to find one locally....what a nightmare!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

There are loads of well-to-do folks that would think it is a fabulous idea. The hosts know this...

Honored Contributor

Never had a tree in my room.

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.