Frequent Contributor

Re: That's one spoiled kid or QVC has to be kidding!

We bought our first home in 1991. I bought a new tree that year. We had about 3-4 real trees over the years, but since it’s only up for about 3-4 weeks a year, it has lasted, and is just fine for us.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I thought the same thing when I heard that.  $300 plus for a Christmas tree in a kids room....ridiculous!  I got one a couple of years ago at Michaels.  I think it was $20.  Lights already on it.  Put husbands small and very old Christmas ornaments including a vintage light up star.  So pretty.

Super Contributor

I am wondering what is wrong with HL? That is the 2nd post I have seen referring to them. Just asking

Esteemed Contributor

I missed the demonstration, but if I LOVED the tree, and had the financial resources to do so, I would purchase it for a child's room, or any room I thought it would bring holiday joy to.😊 Some people can afford to go all out for the holidays, and indulge themselves with extravagance; kudos to them! I however, am not among them.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Respected Contributor

We always shared one family Christmas tree. It was in our Living Room. We loved to sit in that room and enjoy it together. We wouldn't have it any other way. 

Esteemed Contributor

I bought a 6' slim pre lit tree from QVC 16-17 years ago.  Two years ago I had to go to Big Lots to supplement some of the lighting but the tree still looks good and does the job.  Its all we need for coming year.

Respected Contributor

@On It wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 I, too, only shop at Michael's. Won't darken the door of HL.

I love Hobby Lobby.  To each her own...

Respected Contributor

@Tadaki wrote:

I'm trying to figure out why I would ever put a tree in a child's room.

I wouldn't either, and I'm glad my parents never did that for me.  There's something to be said for making the tree the gathering spot for the whole family.

Valued Contributor

SPURT:  I don't think the hosts care at all about how ridiculous they sound.  They will say anything they think will trick someone into buying something.  I agree with you on the tree, obsurd.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Respected Contributor

As kids, we each had a very small 18” or 2’ tree in our rooms on our dresser.  I could not WAIT to put it up the day after Thanksgiving.  Lights, tiny ornaments and we “wrapped” a few presents for under the tree.  Started my Christmas obsession probably at 5 years old.  🥰