Honored Contributor

That's one spoiled kid or QVC has to be kidding!

[ Edited ]

This morning I was watching the Christmas In July Show....and over and over the vendor and host kept mentioning that the 5 ft tree would be ideal for a kid's room....That tree is $399 ($329 on sale) not including tax!!!!  That's a little too steep a price for me!!!! ..SMH!!!

My idea of a tree for a kid's room is to go to Michaels or Hobby Lobby pick out one of those small $10 trees, buy some ornaments,lights and here ya go kid (max spent $15-$20)....that's my idea of a tree for a kid's room.....Woman Frustrated   

Maybe people should stock up---one for the teacher, one for the bus driver....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Re: That's one spoiled kid or QVC has to be kidding!

Sometimes I wonder if the hosts and vendors realize how ridiculous they sound. Or maybe they just don't care.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Those trees are to expensive in my opinion. When I saw $329 starting price I changed the channel. I have had a $75  6 ft tree for several years and it still looks great.  For those who bought one or several,  enjoy because they are beautiful 

Esteemed Contributor

I also wonder if certain hosts realize how silly they sound or if they have lost touch with reality.  Even if some people have that kind of money to afford such stuff, there are some who don’t want to bring up hopelessly spoiled people.

That kind of talk is why I rarely watch the shows.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

Those trees are to expensive in my opinion. When I saw $399 starting price I changed the channel. I have had a $75  6 ft tree for several years and it still looks great.  For those who bought one or several,  enjoy because they are beautiful 

@Goodie2shoes 

I know some people get tired of having to replace their tree every 2 yrs, so they will spend that much on a 6 ft or 7.5 tree at Balsam Hill hoping for quality for their LIVING ROOM family tree, hoping it will last.....But that's absurd to spend for a tree for a kid's room...🤔

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

This morning I was watching the Christmas In July Show....and over and over the vendor and host kept mentioning that the 5 ft tree would be ideal for a kid's room....That tree is $399 not including tax!!!!  That's a little too steep a price for me!!!! ..SMH!!!

My idea of a tree for a kid's room is to go to Michaels or Hobby Lobby pick out one of those small $10 trees, buy some ornaments,lights and here ya go kid (max spent $15-$20)....that's my idea of a tree for a kid's room.....Woman Frustrated   

@Spurt 

LOL .... $399 for a kid's room?   I wonder if that was really what they actually wanted to say .... but there was just no way to walk it back after they started down that path.  LOL  

ITA that some nice little decoration would be easily put together at Michaels.  Under no circumstances would I EVER buy anything from Hobby Lobby.  They really aren't what most people think they are.  JMO, of course.

Honored Contributor

@froggy wrote:

Sometimes I wonder if the hosts and vendors realize how ridiculous they sound. Or maybe they just don't care.

@froggy 

👍

Respected Contributor

@Spurtwrote:

I know some people get tired of having to replace their tree every 2 yrs, so they will spend that much on a 6 ft or 7.5 tree for their LIVING ROOM as their family tree, hoping it will last.....I dont know of anyone that would put that kind of dough for a kid's room.tree.

Exactly !!

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 I, too, only shop at Michael's. Won't darken the door of HL.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

This morning I was watching the Christmas In July Show....and over and over the vendor and host kept mentioning that the 5 ft tree would be ideal for a kid's room....That tree is $399 not including tax!!!!  That's a little too steep a price for me!!!! ..SMH!!!

@Spurt 

LOL .... $399 for a kid's room?   I wonder if that was really what they actually wanted to say .... but there was just no way to walk it back after they started down that path.  LOL  

ITA that some nice little decoration would be easily put together at Michaels.  Under no circumstances would I ever buy anything from Hobby Lobby.  They really aren't what most people think they are.  JMO, of course.

@Tinkrbl44 

Oh, it wasn't a mistake and Amy (the vendor) repeated it several times....