Esteemed Contributor

Re: That Line is Getting Old

All the shoes that they can bend in half or are so light do Not provide adequate  prevention of a Jones fracture . Walking around on these soft shoes, if you step in a uneven  area , you can easily incur a 5th metatarsal fracture that is called a Jones fracture which can be difficult to heal .  Not for me , I buy good shoes with support - not that saoft soled style.

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

All the shoes that they can bend in half or are so light do Not provide adequate  prevention of a Jones fracture . Walking around on these soft shoes, if you step in a uneven  area , you can easily incur a 5th metatarsal fracture that is called a Jones fracture which can be difficult to heal .  Not for me , I buy good shoes with support - not that saoft soled style.

@skatting44 

ITA, I dont want real heavy cumbersome shoes, but I care more about the support....there's too many reviews how some wear these light shoes and their feet end up hurting....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I guess if you're a balloon, you need that info, right? I'm kidding of course, but it's the small stuff.  Others on here have said why it matters to them. Postage, foot problems, that sort of thing.  

Respected Contributor

If I constantly watched a shopping channel I would most likely get tired of hearing ALL of the sales talk.  It's actually annoying to me.  I barely watch tv.  I shop online, and most of the time am comparing values.  Sometimes QVC wins, but most of the time, NOT.  They can hype it all they want, but it needs to be a good deal for me to buy. 

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

I guess if you're a balloon, you need that info, right? I'm kidding of course, but it's the small stuff.  Others on here have said why it matters to them. Postage, foot problems, that sort of thing.  

@qualitygal  Seriously I am a baloon and I need to know if a shoe will allow me to float in the air?  Lordy Lordy   Just Kidding.  I could not pass up this chance.  Bwah ahahaha

Esteemed Contributor

@World Traveler wrote:

How else do you expect them to let people know (or show) how light the shoes are? I think it is a great selling point.

As an owner of many Vionic shoes, I like to have as much information about the product as I can get. Certainly whether the shoe is light or heavy on the foot is something I would want to know before purchasing online.

Not all people watch QVC 24/7 or to the point that hearing that "line" would bother them. 

@World Traveler You don't have to watch QVC 24/7 to hear the "lines". If you watch for 15 minutes you are guaranteed to hear several. 
Respected Contributor

@World Traveler  I agree. In fact I am dreaming of traveling again and like to know the exact weight of shoes I take. When limited on foreign travel luggage weight it is important to me. Amy from Clarks was good in the past about weighing shoes for us.

Honored Contributor

Funny you should mention lines that are getting old.  This morning as I was getting my clothes ready I had the Q on and Pat was presenting the TSV lamps.  Mind you the line I'm going to quote has always made me batty, but today it just hit a nerve.  And they ALL do it; here goes:  "And this IS GOING TO BE the white, and this IS GOING TO BE the gold, and this IS GOING TO BE the black...."  When is it "going to be", Pat?  Because it sure looks like it is ALREADY is black.  Arrgh...  That was enough Q for the day. 

Super Contributor

Here's line that is starting to annoy me.  

"The only order of the year".

If in the fall, no kidding, makes sense it's the only order of the year. I hear them saying it already. 

Honored Contributor

Annoying threads about hosts and their habits that annoy people are getting old.  There are more than a few of these threads a week and there has been for years.

By now, you should have  figured out  your comments are falling on deaf ears.  No one at QVC cares and what bothers some is music to others.  Still, the never ending complains go on and on.