Honored Contributor

Re: That GILI dress...I'm dying laughing.

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Can someone post a picture of this dress?

@San Antonio Gal   It's A370665.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Michelebear72 wrote:

@suzyQ3 

Technically, I don't think it was deleted. It was opened back up today. I can't keep up with all the rules here. Wow. 

That's good, @Michelebear72 . But do keep in mind that if the mods actually delete a thread, we're not supposed to post it again.

There really are not so many rules, and IMO, most of them make sense. Now, as to whether they are all applied consistently is another topic, but they are mere humans.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

OK, my curiosity got the best of me so I had to go check it out . . .  Really?  What a hideous dress in hideous colors!!  I wouldn't wear that to mop the floor!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Michelebear72 wrote:

@suzyQ3 

Technically, I don't think it was deleted. It was opened back up today. I can't keep up with all the rules here. Wow. 

Welcome to the forums, @Michelebear72!   @suzyQ3 is a thoughtful, gracious poster and she’s just offering a helpful heads up — we can get ourselves into a sticky wicket sometimes if we aren’t aware of, or overlook, or perhaps skirt the limits set forth in the standards and posting policies...  I know I’ve done it myself.🙃😜

Now and then I find it beneficial to take a look at the policies.   I’ll add links here in case they’re useful.

On the left side any full-view Community page, below the “Quick links” section click/tap “Standards” to go here:

https://www.qvc.com/content/information/qvc-community-standards.html?viewType=gallery&pageSize=96&re...

Also, on the left side toward the top click/tap “Welcome Get Started” and scroll down to “Community Guidelines” to get here:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Welcome-Get-Started/Community-Guidelines/m-p/1856684#M2

Again, welcome, Michelebear72!   I hope you enjoy the Community! 😊🌻

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@chrystaltree  A370665

It's a ridiculous dress for those who don't have a perfect body!

That's pretty much what I've always thought of GILI, given it began as knockoffs inspired by Lisa Robertson's own wardrobe and she wore a lot of very fitted clothing.

The most popular item in the GILI line was that handbag with the tassel and I think there's a reason for that. You don't have to be any certain size or shape to carry a handbag.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That dress is so straight up and down.  No flair to it.  You would have to have a boyish figure ...no hips or butt to rock that dress.  It's made like a long tube.

I am sure there are women who could wear this dress well, but that does not include me.

A51D7224-E525-4674-AEE6-81715D54E68D.jpeg

Honored Contributor

clutching-pearls.jpg

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Yes you have to have a perfect figure to wear that dress. So what?

That dress was not the least bit tight on Kerstin or Jill.  It is a form fitting, body con ruched knit dress.  There is a big difference between something being ill-fitting and form fitting.  I think people are so used to seeing boxy, oversized tunics and baggy clothing, they think everything has to fit that way.

If you can't wear it, you can't wear it.  I know I couldn't wear it with my body shape but kudos to those who can and that definitely includes Kerstin and Jill.  Although I will say I wasn't that crazy about the olive color Kerstin had on.  Had it been a deeper, true olive, I would have liked it better.    

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Alison Wonderland 

We used to have a QVC outlet in our town before they closed all except for the ones in West Chester and York, PA.  There were always lots of GILI bags hanging out on racks while the Dooney bags were in display cases under lock and key.  I had lots of opportunities to look at the GILI bags and, quite frankly, they looked and felt cheap.  I always thought I could find the same quality bags at Walmart. 

Valued Contributor

Did Amy wear the dress in extra extra small?