Esteemed Contributor

Re: Thanksgiving card from Q anyone????

@suzykee, so nice of you to share the recipe!

Valued Contributor

I got one yesterday. It went straight in the garbage, for many of the reasons already listed here.

~ Hope in TN ~
Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@esmerelda  I know they do but I somewhat have 'it' down to ordering from the Q, there's no way I can figure out another's sizes, etc.

@Annabellethecat66  I thought it might be a sizing issue.  It can vary so much from one brand to another.  When we find something we understand...especially by mail...we tend to stay with it.

Keepin' it real.
Super Contributor

wow. i got my card in the mail today. what a nice gesture. loved the recipe card from david. reminds me of the old days when they sent a small collection of recipes from the various hosts. i still use them.

Respected Contributor

Seems like those who rarely use easy pay and Q Card are looked down on by Q when it comes to sending out these type of cards, mugs, etc.

Rather then a card I would like a letter from Q President apologizing for their shipping and website ongoing problems. Not an email because that is still broke, have reported twice already, told it was a known problem but still no emails and been a week since last contacted CS about this. How many times do we have to call to get a known problem fixed?
Honored Contributor

I received one.   At first I thought I was going to receive the cheesecake bars and then realized it is only the recipe.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda I don't know if I read it here years ago or from a website but it was explained that places like QVC take 'bids' from companies in other countries.  

THAT's why sometimes you'll/we whatever, will get something, (say a pair of pants) then we will decide we like it and would like another color later.

We go back to the company and order the same number, same size but different color.  Poof!  It doesn't fit right or the material seems (which it often is) different.  What can it be?

Well, it's because by now they've gotten the second order from another company/country.  

Think about it (I've said this before).  I understand how much money can be saved when making thousands of something by cutting the garment even 1/4 or less than is normally required of a size.  It makes a lot of difference when you're making thousands of one item.  You will see a large savings.

Just saying..............

We see that most of what we buy comes from China because with clothes we get to see the original packaging.  The stores take out the packaging and hang the garment up and most people don't see that "Made in China" glaring at them when opening the package....we do.

But a few things have been made in Vietnam....My daughter's brother in law and family lived in Hong Kong for years.  She and her family used to visit often.

She said people in Hong Kong will not wear anything made in China because it's all junk.  Ha!

Those sizes jump 4" between sizes.  That's quite a bit.  Right now I'm between 2 sizes.  It's driving me crazy.  If I just loose an inch in my belly a smaller size will fit the way I LIKE IT to fit.

I'm sorry but I'm fat.  I look like a stuffed sausage in those "TIGHTS" they keep selling.  Not only do I have fat legs, but my knees kiss each other.  We used to call it 'knock-kneed".  Ha!

But I don't like them to look like clown pants either.  In the past I've actually just about rebuilt the clothes I've gotten on QVC.  I don't do that anymore except sometimes for the length of the sleeves but always with the length of the pants.  (I physically take out needle and thread and hem the things).  Ugh!

I also like to iron my own clothes.  I like my shirt very, very stiff.  So I get out the iron and make them stiff.  I like the collars to stand up.  I wear my clothes like Mary Beth in the fall and winter.  She says she mainly wears a long sleeved button shirt with a jacket sticking out at the collar and cuffs.  That's how I wear my clothes.

Phew!  Now I'm exhausted telling you stuff you don't give a darn (I'm thinking something stronger) about.  Ha!

Fat people have trouble finding clothes that fit right.  When you are the right size (meaning not fat) it's a lot easier to find clothes that look nice.

We all have 'problems' in different places.

I don't have many regrets in my life (don't believe in them at all) but I do regret that I didn't take better care of my body.  My face looks way younger than I am, but the rest of me has gone to .......well...he (and two hocky sticks).  Ha!

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@esmerelda I don't know if I read it here years ago or from a website but it was explained that places like QVC take 'bids' from companies in other countries.  

THAT's why sometimes you'll/we whatever, will get something, (say a pair of pants) then we will decide we like it and would like another color later.

We go back to the company and order the same number, same size but different color.  Poof!  It doesn't fit right or the material seems (which it often is) different.  What can it be?

Well, it's because by now they've gotten the second order from another company/country.  

@Annabellethecat66You're right about that!  I had two pairs of D&Co capris and the style number on the tags were different.  Same QVC item number, same size, same color...different style number...and different fit.

Keepin' it real.
Trusted Contributor

Yes, I got my QVC Thanksgiving card too.

On the same day I got a "Happy Anniversary" card from Kohl's.  I've been a charge card customer of Kohl's for 18 years.  They gave me a gift card for the same amount - $18.  Now that's nice.   

How about doing the same QVC???