Super Contributor

Re: Thanks, QVC! Re: Account Summary email

I got this email yesterday. Much appreciated. Thank you, QVC!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt wrote:

@MomCat wrote:

And here we are, another post that shows you can't please everyone.  I don't care one way or another if I get an email, but for those of you that are actually angry, I hope there is a place on your status where you can opt out.  Maybe a spot right on the email itself that stops them from coming.   

Yeah, I kind of feel badly about that.   Who knew that this email would cause such rage.  I was just happy to see it.  I an opted out of most of the emails they send, but I'm glad that others can get them if they wish.

If I didn't want the information I would either see if I could opt out or just delete the email.  It's only ONCE A MONTH, not every day so it wouldn't be a hassle for me.  

But I also wouldn't be wanting them to just take it away so that nobody else could have it either.  Smiley Sad

I was surprised by the email, in a red-faced kind of way.  I don't order a lot, but seeing the number of orders in January did surprise me. 

After I got over the shock, I wondered if it was a good idea to send out something like that...if it might wake up people who don't realize how much they are ordering and might order less.

Guess not.

What I'm seeing is people who may be in denial about their shopping and are angry when presented with it.

I know how to check my account here and do it from time to time.  Hey, I found out recently by reviewing my purchases that I had two Irish sweaters in the cedar chest that I'd forgotten.  And I like seeing the ez pays laid out by month.

Anyway, if QVC is counting votes, I say keep it.  And an "opt out" option on the email itself, as MomCat said, or in our accounts might be a good idea.

@chickenbutt...I'm glad you started this discussion.

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

I like the summary email. It is a great snapshot of my activity and I would think very helpful if you have auto deliveries to coordinate with travel or if it's too soon. It is also a stark reminder of just how much is spent when easy pay is used. I have easy pay amnesia sometimes. Maybe Q could have an opt out feature for those who are not wanting the email, but I vote yes.

Honored Contributor

Ive never gotten one but perhaps it is because I have no auto deliveries, I've never done an easy pay and I rarely purchase things from QVC?

Honored Contributor

VERY pleased with that email and i am a frequent buyer.....hope that they keep this going. i liked having one email with everything noted for january. i do check my order status frequently, but this put everything into one place with easy to access links.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

sunshine45 wrote:

VERY pleased with that email and i am a frequent buyer.....hope that they keep this going. i liked having one email with everything noted for january. i do check my order status frequently, but this put everything into one place with easy to access links.

I liked how it had 'orders made' and 'orders shipped'.  I only had two orders (both of which were shipped and received prior to the email), but I liked the separate paragraphs showing each piece of the puzzle.

But AD thing was the piece I appreciated the most.

Did anybody find if there is a box to uncheck for this email?  For those who don't care to get the monthly email, I hope they have that option.   I know they have the option for other emails, so I cannot imagine this one can't be precluded.