Respected Contributor

Re: Thanks, QVC! Re: Account Summary email

And here we are, another post that shows you can't please everyone.  I don't care one way or another if I get an email, but for those of you that are actually angry, I hope there is a place on your status where you can opt out.  Maybe a spot right on the email itself that stops them from coming.   

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

MomCat wrote:

And here we are, another post that shows you can't please everyone.  I don't care one way or another if I get an email, but for those of you that are actually angry, I hope there is a place on your status where you can opt out.  Maybe a spot right on the email itself that stops them from coming.   

Yeah, I kind of feel badly about that.   Who knew that this email would cause such rage.  I was just happy to see it.  I an opted out of most of the emails they send, but I'm glad that others can get them if they wish.

If I didn't want the information I would either see if I could opt out or just delete the email.  It's only ONCE A MONTH, not every day so it wouldn't be a hassle for me.  

But I also wouldn't be wanting them to just take it away so that nobody else could have it either.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

I hope you didn't interpret my post as "angry."  Far from it.  I am simply expressing a strong preference.

By the way, you can opt out, but doing so removes you from ALL order status/customer update emails, so that is not the appropriate solution until QVC makes the opt out much more specific. 

I hope everyone gets a choice. 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@SeattleShopper1I know all that and certainly have kept track using the My Account page, but the summary puts everything in one place without all the extra clicks.  I love it.

Esteemed Contributor

Actually I would have liked to know my balance due this month ,before I receive my bill.I know I can go online to see it ,but I do not do my bills online , It also said I had a problem with something ,(I think that is what it said) I have no problem with anything that I know of.It said go to order status to check it out ,I went (I go daily anyway) and I didn't see any problem anywhere. That was a little upsetting. I am not about to call CS and ask about it,I don't have time for that .I do not think I have any problem and if I do the problem  should have been clearly stated in that e-mail instead of getting me worried for nothing.

Trusted Contributor

@Beth-QVC While I appreciate QVC trying to make improvements, my initial response was that I was being chided for not ordering enough. I would like to opt out. The only part that I did like was the upcoming auto deliveries. I did notice that two AD that were listed I have skipped. It should reflect that, I feel. 

Honored Contributor

I got the email today....it had some useful info in it.  If they continue to send it...I'm okay with that.

I don't get why people would be angry over such a small issue.

Honored Contributor

We do have our own opinions on this new feature in it's trial.  Some may like it, others not so much, yet others feel imposed upon.  As well, like I said in my earlier post, I do not need any emails like this.  I know exactly what's up with my account. 

I did not notice if there was an 'opt out' box to check when I opened it but I certainly hope so.  I'm not at all interested in having someone at QVC monitoring my account in such detail and then sending me a notice. 

Again, feels like 'big bro'.

Honored Contributor

@Beth-QVC  Appreciate your feedback Beth. 

Seriously, I do hope you are offering an 'opt out' button either on the next one I may happen to receive or in my personal account somewhere.

Please let us all know as I'm not the only one who wishes to opt out apparently.  We need more info on this email option.

AND I'm very much wondering why (you) chose to NOT notify all of your customers of this new feature prior to rolling it out.  Emails like this really offends some people, I just happen to be one of them.  Yes 'change' is usually hard but to be forwarned tends to work better and goes down easier - I'm sure you understand this concept.

Thanks again so much for hearing us. 

Honored Contributor

@MomCat  We all have our ow opinions on anything and everything - this IS what makes the world go 'round.