Esteemed Contributor

Re: Thanks Dan Wheeler for 29 Years!

[ Edited ]

@moonsista wrote:

I thought there would be more hosts there! I expected to see at least Mary Beth, David Venable, etc. but they weren't there. I was glad that Rick Domeier and Amy Stran said a few things. Did I miss anyone else showing up? 

Mary Beth and David did video messages for him.  Dan mentioned that Rick had thrown a party for him.  Mike George also sent a video message.

Occasional Contributor

Good point. I did know about the retirement party and it makes sense that they didn't show up for two parties. I also saw the video messages. 

Esteemed Contributor

Class act all the way to the end.  Will miss Dan very much.  I too hoped more hosts would show up but maybe Dan's wish to kind of wing it - he may not have been able to keep his emotions in control if more had shown up.  Sweet family at his side.  I'm sure in the past he looked forward to retirement  with his sweet Beth at his side.  It takes a lot of bravery to enter a new phase of life at this point.  Best wishes and love Dan!

Respected Contributor

@moonsista wrote:

I thought there would be more hosts there! I expected to see at least Mary Beth, David Venable, etc. but they weren't there. I was glad that Rick Domeier and Amy Stran said a few things. Did I miss anyone else showing up? 

Nancy Hornbeck and Courtney Casson said their goodyes in person. Because it's the holiday season, many of the hosts are on vacation (David Veneble, Jane Treacy, Shawn Killinger to name a few). Mary Beth and Leah sent their wel wishes by video.

Trusted Contributor

Interesting that Rick said Dave King had called.   I wish he had spoken on air to give his wishes for Dan.   Dave was another class act.  

Good luck, Dan.

Frequent Visitor

[ Edited ]

@moonsista wrote:

No, u didn't, Moonsista(btw, I luv ur username, lol).  It was just Rick & Amy!!  It was a d*mn shame, too...I can't believe that no other hosts(past or present was there either)!  Just ridiculous & very disappointing....Anyways, I def needed the tissues tonight as I was TRYING REALLY HARD 2 hold back tears(it didn't happened....I lost, lol) & wish him the VERY BEST(he truly deserves it)!!!  Even though, he is moving on 2 bigger and better things, he will always be my "Man-Fave" host(next 2 David - aka "Mr. Happy Dance", lol)!  No one can fill his shoes no matter w\whoever QVC decides 2 brings in next...

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@babyshaun82 wrote:

@moonsista wrote:

No, u didn't, Moonsista(btw, I luv ur username, lol).  It was just Rick & Amy!!  It was a d*mn shame, too...I can't believe that no other hosts(past or present was there either)!  Just ridiculous & very disappointing....Anyways, I def needed the tissues tonight as I was TRYING REALLY HARD 2 hold back tears(it didn't happened....I lost, lol) & wish him the VERY BEST(he truly deserves it)!!!  Even though, he is moving on 2 bigger and better things, he will always be my "Man-Fave" host(next 2 David - aka "Mr. Happy Dance", lol)!  No one can fill his shoes no matter w\whoever QVC decides 2 brings in next...

@babyshaun82  Yes, she did.  Nearly all of the hosts, including some QVC executive management, attended a retirement party for Dan last week in one of their homes.  It was a very big turnout (at least one photo is still on FB).  Mary Beth, Leah, and the other hosts gave video tributes to Dan, and some wrote their goodbye posts to him.  Those have been running on-air, and also on their FB pages.  Last night, a lot of hosts were away on holiday vacation, but they have been there for Dan for his retirement, almost to the last one, with very touching sentiments.

You may not have seen them last night, but the hosts actually did a great send-off for Dan.  Last night's show was more about Dan's last sales show anyway.  I think it's much more important that the hosts were definitely supporting Dan, and less important that viewers got to see them in Dan's last show.

Esteemed Contributor

Good luck Dan!! Your a class act!! QVC won’t be the same without you!! 🎉 🥂😢