Honored Contributor

Re: Thank you, warehouse staff

[ Edited ]

@nzn wrote:

I lost one of my favorite earrings, a Judith Ripka stud that is no longer in stock.  A couple of weeks later, when I had dispaired of ever finding it, I received package from QVC.  I hadn't ordered anything in weeks!   In the package, carefully wrapped, was my beautiful earring.  The warehouse staff sent it to me with a note saying that it was included with an item I had returned.   I am very grateful to the warehouse staff for their special care.

@nzn OMG! that is unbelievable, it gives me hope that we all should have such luck with warehouse staff. I hope you emailed the the big mahoff to let him know what occurred.

Valued Contributor

That’s amazing! Very good employee there.
Contributor

I just looked up the order.  It's 6751625578,  I did not notice it before, but there is additional information on the return:  "R9806.  Customer personal property."  Dated 

10/31/19.  No charge for return.

Please let me know if I can provide you with additional information.  I did not know how to thank the warehouse staff directly, I'm especially pleased that they will get my thanks via you.  

QVC Customer Care

@nzn 

Thank you so much for the information and I will ensure management will be made aware!

Beth QVC

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nzn Thank you for sharing this positive story.  It's nice to hear something Q related that doesn't involve a complaint.  Reinforces my belief that actual employees usually try to do a good job.  This one was exemplary.

I think most of the snafus that have been occuring are due to the lengthy merge, upgrading systems, and the warehouse construction.  The employees are probably as frustrated, stressed, and flustered with all this as many of we, the customers, are.  Hoping the sunny side is coming back soon.

Went through all of the above when I worked for one organization for 35 years (except for the warehouse part--instead they kept moving us to different buildings) and at one point I had to perform customer service via phone and computer without a proper desk--just a temporary "desk" with a plywood board flung atop two sawhorses and a jury-rigged computer and phone hookup with two feet of coiled wired on the floor at my feet, plus surrounded by construction noise all around making it really hard to function normally on phone calls. 

The way on high management decreed we couldn't possibly shut down for one day while the construction workers completed the new office cubicles in the new worksite!

Respected Contributor

A very nice post to share!  I feel for the warehouse workers, too....hey, I sympathize with workers everywhere.  The business norm for most companies these days is to continually cut staff, and expect the smaller number of employees remaining to get the same amount of work done in the same time as before.

Most of us who have been in the workforce have experienced it....they cut someone in a department and just add those duties to an unfortunate fellow worker who was already busy.  I once had a job as someone's secretary...they got rid of him, and said I could stay if I did his job...of course, with no secretary!  I somehow did it for three years.

OP,  I'm glad you got your earring back!

Esteemed Contributor

This story made me feel good as I read it! So many times lately, I have read horror stories regarding shipping woes.

I am so happy you had such an extraordinary experience.

You gave the warehouse staff rave reviews, and it sounds like they were well deserved.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Super Contributor

What a nice thing for them to do!!

Honored Contributor

@nzn 

What a great surprise this must have been!!!  So nice you took the time to recognize their good deed (and now I know they do open those returns instead of recirculating)🙂

They could use a "pat on the back for doing a good thing" since lately there's been a lot of backlash about warehouse problems.

Esteemed Contributor

What a nice story! It's nice to read about great customer service and this one is great! You are lucky and fortunate to get your earring returned to you and kudos to the worker/s who made this possible.