Honored Contributor

Re: Thank you to hosts, Mary Nelson, Katie McGee, and Kristine Zell

[ Edited ]

IMO she left because her demands could not be met. Contract not renewed. I think contracts are signed in December,

IMO LR made 500,000 +, bonuses, perks and trips,

She was a good host, and made a lot of $ for the Q.

edit: fixed the word contract

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I accidently ran across a presentation by Cathy Pedreyes (sp?) early this morning.  I marveled at how she's managed to stay employed there as long as she has.  She has a voice that's hard to listen to for more than 5 minutes.  Virtually every statement she made had some erroneous information.  How do they get away with this?  I guess you have to assume that whoever supervises her doesn't know what is correct either.

You are reading my mind!

I cannot take the "baby girl" type voices.  There are a couple on HSN I will not watch.  I don't get how the "powers that be" don't observe and try to correct it.  Or do not hire people that are so irritating when they speak.  They are PUBLIC SPEAKERS and should perform like one.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

@missy1 wrote:

@mwmc wrote:
I really like Mary Nelson. She is excellent. IMHO Alberti should train all new host and retrain some older ones too.

I have watched Alberti quite a few times on video to see what the hoopla was about.         I don't get it. He doesn't let the vendor/rep speak, like a lot of the hosts. His  voice isn't relaxing to my ears.

----------------

I liked Alberti...he does give good info.  But lately he is just so animated...almost euphoric about the products.

Too dramatic for my taste...

Perfect description: animated!

Honored Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

IMO she left because her demands could not be met. Contact not renewed. I think contracts are signed in December,

IMO LR made 500,000 +, bonuses, perks and trips,

She was a good host, and made a lot of $ for the Q.

Your statement of LR's salary is much more reasonable than what Johnnysbro is stating.  As I posted earlier, if she was making one mill she never would have left - or had any demands for that matter.  As they say in the corporate world, anyone is replaceable.

Honored Contributor

I forgot to add in my previous post about LR's salary that I do think she was the best host QVC ever had and very easy to watch.  She never interuppted the vendors and always seemed genuine. 

Esteemed Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I forgot to add in my previous post about LR's salary that I do think she was the best host QVC ever had and very easy to watch.  She never interuppted the vendors and always seemed genuine. 

---------------

But best host....don't think so. I did not like that she was always watching herself in the monitor. But I agree about the easy to watch!  She  was funny, offered pertinent information about the product and had a great voice.

Respected Contributor

@corita wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

---------------

But best host....don't think so. I did not like that she was always watching herself in the monitor. But I agree about the easy to watch!  She  was funny, offered pertinent information about the product and had a great voice.

I think Lisa R was a fabulous host.  She could sell ice in Alaska.

As to why she looked in the monitors, I am not sure it was at herself.  I think a lot is going on that we don't see, and some of the hosts feel the need to look more than others.

Was sorry to see her go.

Hyacinth

QVC Customer Care

QVC Customer Care

Lisa and GILIRe: Thank you to hosts, Mary Nelson, Katie McGee, and Kristine Zell

Occasional Contributor

I totally agree with you about Mary Nelson .. her voice drives me crazy ... drags the last word , or something .. all I know is , when she is on I switch channels or do something else .. Kristine is VERY boring  . IMO they both need to work behind the scenes !