Esteemed Contributor

Re: Thank you to hosts, Mary Nelson, Katie McGee, and Kristine Zell

@missy1 wrote:

@mwmc wrote:
I really like Mary Nelson. She is excellent. IMHO Alberti should train all new host and retrain some older ones too.

I have watched Alberti quite a few times on video to see what the hoopla was about.         I don't get it. He doesn't let the vendor/rep speak, like a lot of the hosts. His  voice isn't relaxing to my ears.

----------------

I liked Alberti...he does give good info.  But lately he is just so animated...almost euphoric about the products.

Too dramatic for my taste...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's interesting to read the different perceptions about the hosts. 

I think both Cathy and Mary Nelson would greatly benefit from voice training or lessons.  Cathy's voice is very hard for me to take at all and Mary Nelson's voice sounds very, very shaky to me.  She also goes up at the end of every statement.  I know everyone makes mistakes but I had to laugh when I saw her doing a gold show and she said how "exquisite made" something was.  LOL  But then I have read from other posters how much they enjoy Cathy and how descriptive she is with items. 

I don't consider Mary DeAngelis or even Katie McGee to be new.  Both have been full-time hosts for awhile plus Mary did ITKWD before that.  I really enjoy her.

I don't see Kristine Zell often but when I do see her, I enjoy her.  But I see people complain about her giving out erroneous information and blaming it on mommy brain, which offends some posters.   

I used to see Courtney Khondabi regularly and found her enjoyable to watch but now I rarely see her.      

Honored Contributor

As an aside, it seems odd to me that none of the newest hosts are listed as hosts yet.  Are they putting them through a longer probation period or has the website just not been updated yet? 

In the past, when a host was officially a permanent host, they were presented with flowers on air and their photo was put up with the other hosts.  None of these women are there yet.

Trusted Contributor

They are all kind of blah IMO. QVC is missing a gorgeous queen diva who provided huge sales and excitement for network.
Honored Contributor

@JONNYSBRO wrote:

They are all kind of blah IMO. QVC is missing a gorgeous queen diva who provided huge sales and excitement for network.

I don't think they wanted any more divas.

Honored Contributor

True @JONNYSBRO, but Kathy Levine is old and won't be back.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

If LR made that much she never would’ve left! Lol.
Trusted Contributor

A million dollars is pennies to the royalities and profits Lisa deserved from GILI. She created designed and thiught of the entire concept. That line made QVC millions. She deserves royalities for that line. At the time it was launched it was billed as one of the most successful launchs in QVC history. Anyways the new hosts could use Lisas advice on how to effectively create excitement about a product. I remember reading Shawn saying in an interview for her to calm down and really own it. Shawn said she wouldnt be the QVC today without Lisa telling her to not just be a good host but one that is very successful in sales and owning it on camera
Honored Contributor

I don't believe that LR made a million dollars a year. I think she made a good amount, but not that much. And weren't the Gili things copies of designer stuff she had?