Regular Contributor

Thank you to hosts, Mary Nelson, Katie McGee, and Kristine Zell

I am really enjoying the hosts Mary Nelson, Katie McGee and Kristine Zell.

They are exceptional, never shouting or interrupting or talking over anyone else.

Their quieter, softer selling tactics are much appreciated!

Honored Contributor

Re: Thank you to hosts, Mary Nelson, Katie McGee, and Kristine Zell

I accidently ran across a presentation by Cathy Pedreyes (sp?) early this morning.  I marveled at how she's managed to stay employed there as long as she has.  She has a voice that's hard to listen to for more than 5 minutes.  Virtually every statement she made had some erroneous information.  How do they get away with this?  I guess you have to assume that whoever supervises her doesn't know what is correct either.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Out of the newest hosts I prefer Kristine Z, and of course Mary D. (ITKWM)

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I accidently ran across a presentation by Cathy Pedreyes (sp?) early this morning.  I marveled at how she's managed to stay employed there as long as she has.  She has a voice that's hard to listen to for more than 5 minutes.  Virtually every statement she made had some erroneous information.  How do they get away with this?  I guess you have to assume that whoever supervises her doesn't know what is correct either.

'I thought she wouldn't have made the cut, along with Alex Butler. IMO her hosting skills have improved a bit, but I can't get past her voice.

Frequent Contributor

I really like Mary Nelson. She is excellent. IMHO Alberti should train all new host and retrain some older ones too.
Esteemed Contributor

@skincaremaven

I like Katie McGee. She’s very professional and calm.   But Mary Nelson I just can’t stand her voice.  It seems like she ends everything with a question and her voice sounds like she needs to clear her throat.  I cannot watch her.  She wears so much eye makeup she looks like a clown.  Kristine Zell is too ditzy.  She makes so many mistakes and laughs about everything.  She needs some more work

Contributor

I simply can't watch Cathy Pedryas ( ? ) she talks so fast I didn't know her name for weeks.  Her voice is definitely not suited for tv, very irritating.  She has ,blown it, big time, when hosting with Dennis Basso , Bob Mackie and other big vendors. They were noticeably upset witn her and I was embarresed for her. I thought as time went on she would get better at hosting but I think she is as good as she will ever be. When I see she is hosting, no matter what the show is about, I change the channel.   Not going to do it!  Rather watch anything but an hour of someone who gets on my last nerve .

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used to watch QVC at many different hours of the night and early mornings.  Between my work schedule, and just not sleeping well, I often watched anywhere from 1:00AM thru 6:00AM.  After the new hosts came onboard, I watched them quite a bit.  

But for the last couple of months I refuse to regularly watch in those hours anymore.  Between the many, many continued mistakes, and a couple of those voices (I know they cannot help their voices, I blame QVC hiring staff for those decisions), I’d rather watch overnight paid programming (which I despise, so I don’t).  

I did see one new host recently in an early morning jewelry show.  She was presenting a spinner ring.  The entire time she kept spinnng it on her finger, so you never once got to actually see the ring on her finger (and there was no model).  It was totally obscured.  The camera person seemed to be trying to tell her to stop because the camera kept going back on her hands, but she was oblivious, and just kept having a great time talking to the vendor the entire ring presentation.  

I still wish them luck, but after a year of them being “new,” is anyone watching the store?

Super Contributor

Agree agree agree that Katie McGee is a gem -- so very polished and informative in the midst of all the shreiking and Kardashian-esque uptalking!  Does anyone know which host was Katie's mentor, they deserve big kudos as well!  (I am inclined to think it was Jayne or Pat or MaryBeth?)  Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mwmc wrote:
I really like Mary Nelson. She is excellent. IMHO Alberti should train all new host and retrain some older ones too.

I have watched Alberti quite a few times on video to see what the hoopla was about.         I don't get it. He doesn't let the vendor/rep speak, like a lot of the hosts. His  voice isn't relaxing to my ears.

I pefer hosts like Leah, Mary D., and Pat. Also, vendors/reps like VPH,  Amy S. (Home Reflections) , Lisa (Temp-tations), Linda Davies ,and  Jane DeNoble (organization rep). I like their pleasant voice, and how they present the items.