Occasional Contributor

Tonight I ordered two items on easy-pay and the operator taking my order was suppose to take out only $26.16 instead she took out the full amount of the items totaling $130.86.When I got off the phone with her I went into my account and realized what she had done so I called customer service right away. After being told at first there is nothing they could do I insisted until I finally found someone that could help me and I'm happy to say my money is back in my account just three hours later. I also would like to thank my bank for their fast action as I have other bills that need to be payed. The only thing that upset me was how hard I had to fight to get someone to help me on QVC end and not just say oh well, but I do thank the people at QVC that did help me in the end.

Super Contributor
Never use a debit card for such purchases. Foolish!
Occasional Contributor

I don't think its foolish. Using a debit card I don't owe any finance charges. I have never had this issue until today.

Super Contributor
On 10/16/2014 Linda 11-11 said:

I don't think its foolish. Using a debit card I don't owe any finance charges. I have never had this issue until today.

You do not pay finance charges if you pay off your credit card each month. No different. Also, if you use say discover, you get up to 5% cash back on each purchase. It is better to use someone else's money instead of your personal account. If a mistake is ever made, you are not ever short in your account which could cost you dearly. Just think about it.
Occasional Contributor

bluegrassbaby I've been shopping with QVC since 2000 and this is the first time this has happen to me. I always go online after a purchase to make sure that the correct amount has been taken out. I had to talk to three different people but in less then three hours my money was back in my account so I'm really happy tonight!

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with Gazelle on this one. In addition, a side note. It would have been pretty simple to just cancel your orders since you noticed the error right away. Then, you could re-order with the easy pay. You may also want to consider ordering on line. That's the only way I order and then you can check your order status right away and make sure everything is as it should be. Just a suggestion.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Valued Contributor
Wow. I'm amazed you are actually thanking them for fixing what sounds their own mistake in the first place. I had to waste MY time to fix THEIR mistakes. No reason to thank them..... That being said, I did appreciate the customer service help but I wish I didn't have to deal with this to begin with.
Valued Contributor
As for gazelle's comment, I agree with the comment about credit cards, however, everybody is different and has different circumstances so it's their business how they handle their transactions. No need to get nasty and criticize someone just because they do stuff differently.
Esteemed Contributor

I made the mistake of ordering a Dell Computer TSV and selected Easy Pay installments of about $90.00 a month. I ordered online and selected Easy Pay when I checked out. I decided to cancel within about 18 hours after I realized they had misrepresented something about the computer and it said it was too far into the shipping process, (the presentation said the computers hadn't even been made yet--how could it be too far along in the shipping process?) I called CS and they said they had to have Corporate cancel it because it was coming from the vendor-which they didn't do. So it shipped anyway and I realized they had put over $400 on my credit card all at once instead of the easy pay charge. I was furious about the whole thing, refused the computer when UPS brought it, and then CS told me that was going to cause a delay in processing my refund back to my credit card, even though they had charged me for the whole thing! I wouldn't have minded that much if they had done it when I ordered a $40.00 sweater on 4 easy pays!

I let them know what I thought about the whole process and told them I would never order anything else and would send back everything I had ordered within the last 30 days. The credit was on my card in less than 48 hours! {#emotions_dlg.mad}Smile